Nip/Tuck, are they joking???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marianne11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tonight on this show it showed plastic surgeons needing to be recertified after 10 yrs in practice. They were lined up with cadaver heads and needed to perform certain procedures on these dead heads in order to pass. As a soon to be M1, I thought this was fake. Do plastic surgeons work on cadaver head during tests as part of their certification? I have a hard time believing this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Marianne11
... I have a hard time believing this...
The unbelievable part was when the head started talking! :eek:

I don?t know, I hadn?t watched this show in a while, and I used to think that it was pretty good, but last night?s episode was awful. There were too many people crying, and too many dead people talking for my taste :sleep:

Dr. Christian Troy is the coolest.

He's always getting head.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd give it to him.:oops:

You do have to recertify Q10 years now for many of the Amer. Board of Medical Specialty surgical disciplines & subdisciplines. At this time, recertifictaion is a written test. The issues surrounding "what is the best way to examine competence?" among practicing surgeons generates a lot of heat, but little light. It has been hard to find agreeable, economic, & practical methods of assessment for clinical (much less technical) ability

Originally posted by droliver
You do have to recertify Q10 years now for many of the Amer. Board of Medical Specialty surgical disciplines & subdisciplines. At this time, recertifictaion is a written test. The issues surrounding "what is the best way to examine competence?" among practicing surgeons generates a lot of heat, but little light. It has been hard to find agreeable, economic, & practical methods of assessment for clinical (much less technical) ability

very controversial...for example in ENT if you do mostly pediatric otolaryngology, and have done a fellowship, should you have to recert in general ENT to include adult ENT, or just recert in pediatric ENT? Similar for all sub-subspecialties.