NIU DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigerbdubs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to and got an interview with Northern Illinois University yet? I know that they do their interviews on Nov. 16. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied early august an haven't heard anything yet.

I just found out that I got an interview invite! But it is the same date as my Rosalind Franklin interview so I will have to reschedule. NIU sent out invitations through the mail this morning. They will send out letters later in the week if you did not get an interview as well. So be on the lookout for something in the mail from NIU this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to and got an interview with Northern Illinois University yet? I know that they do their interviews on Nov. 16. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten an interview invite.

Got my interview offer today! So excited!

Tigerbdubs, that's a great question, my guess is yes though. Anyone else get mail from NIU?

Don't quote me, but I believe they interview 75 people and accept 36 of them. I'm a current student at NIU.

I just got my interview invite in he mail today. Bdubs, what's the total cost of the program?

It is definitely one of the cheaper programs to attend. It is around 70k for the three years in the program.

Meh. I'd rather go to Florida and spent the extra cash! :)

I was accepted into NIU's DPT class... Just wondering if anyone else had that good news too?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did they let you know? By email or mail or phone call? I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm so nervous!

How did they let you know? By email or mail or phone call? I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm so nervous!
Yes, snail mail was how I heard too. Hopefully you hear soon... I think NIU lets you know where you are on the waiting list if that ends up happening. Good luck!

Congrats to you too! And yes, I sent in my acceptance right before Christmas. Did you accept yours?
I did. I had been waitlisted at the other 3 schools that I interviewed at, so I was super excited to get my acceptance. Plus NIU was my first choice.

Reactions: 1 user
I did. I had been waitlisted at the other 3 schools that I interviewed at, so I was super excited to get my acceptance. Plus NIU was my first choice.

I got accepted too! We should all exchange info since we're going to be future colleagues :)

Hello,

I'm applying to NIU in the upcoming cycle, and would like to know if anyone who has been accepted would like to share their stats?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

I'm applying to NIU in the upcoming cycle, and would like to know if anyone who has been accepted would like to share their stats?

Thanks in advance :)
I was accepted, my stats are:
CGPA: 3.6
PrereqGPA: 3.6
GRE: V151 Q150 W4.5

Congrats to all who got accepted. I sent in my acceptance letter around Christmas time. I look forward to meeting all of you this upcoming fall semester!

For those of you that went through the interview, do you remember how the interview process was?

For those of you that went through the interview, do you remember how the interview process was?

When tou get there, the director of the program talks to you for a little bit. You then go for your interview. There will be 1st year and possible 3rd year students there to talk to you if you have questions about the program as well.

When tou get there, the director of the program talks to you for a little bit. You then go for your interview. There will be 1st year and possible 3rd year students there to talk to you if you have questions about the program as well.

Thank you Alrenee30. Do you remember if they asked very difficult questions or if it was more of a relaxing interview?

Thank you Alrenee30. Do you remember if they asked very difficult questions or if it was more of a relaxing interview?
Yep! I don't think the questions were too difficult, but I think they asked what was the biggest issue in healthcare right now which might be a harder question. Mostly the questions that you would expect: why NIU? why PT? what will be the best/worst thing about being a PT? etc.

Yep! I don't think the questions were too difficult, but I think they asked what was the biggest issue in healthcare right now which might be a harder question. Mostly the questions that you would expect: why NIU? why PT? what will be the best/worst thing about being a PT? etc.

Thank you so much! :) Sorry one last question, do you remember if you had to bring anything with you to the interview? and Was it one-on-one or were 2-3 people interviewing you at the same time?

Thank you so much! :) Sorry one last question, do you remember if you had to bring anything with you to the interview? and Was it one-on-one or were 2-3 people interviewing you at the same time?

Oh no problem! You don't need anything for the interview. They will likely do a two on one interview with one faculty member and one alumni.

I have an interview tomorrow, is anyone else going to be there? I will let everyone know how it goes.

The interview was very relaxed, although I guess it is what you make it. I was only asked 2 questions. 1) Why PT? 2) Why NIU? After I answered those two questions I was asked if I had any questions (OK so I guess that makes 3 questions)

It was a one on one interview. My guess is most interviews last between 5-15min.

I don't know why I forgot this but I was also asked an ethics type of questions. "If you saw someone park in a handicap spot and walk into a store and one of your friends that you are with said that if they can walk they shouldn't be parking in a handicap spot what would you say/do?"

Other students got asked what the most recent book they read was. Also I only had one interviews but at least one other student that I know of had 2.

I don't know why I forgot this but I was also asked an ethics type of questions. "If you saw someone park in a handicap spot and walk into a store and one of your friends that you are with said that if they can walk they shouldn't be parking in a handicap spot what would you say/do?"

Other students got asked what the most recent book they read was. Also I only had one interviews but at least one other student that I know of had 2.

Do you happen to remember when she said we'd be notified or when we can contact her to know our status of admissions?

I don't remember the exact date, but I thought that it was pretty late compared to other schools.

Do you guys know how the interview is conducted and or do you guys have any tips?