NJ Pharmacy Intern License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dreamer716

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to clarify a few things about an intern license in NJ. I am an upcoming P1 this fall and I wanted to know the steps in attaining an intern license. I've read in these forums that there technically isn't one in NJ. I also looked at the http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/pharm/ but can't seem to find anything. Any advice?
 
If your school is in NJ they should know the answer.

Or you could call the dept of consumer protection or whatever dept the board of pharmacy is in and ask them.
 
Yup. I just called the local Walgreens and they told me I can be an intern if I'm a certified tech. I wanted to know if this was the process in other states? Do I still need to be a tech if I'm currently in Pharm school to intern at a pharmacy?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on the State. In FL, in order to work as an "Intern" you have to have an Intern license. Said license only requires that you have matriculated into and are in good standing with an accredited college of pharmacy.