NJUMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueLuxen

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have seen the stats for this school.. but i just want some of your advise...
uhmmm i dont have these stats but if i did(hopefully) would i have a good chance??

about 3.4 and 30(prolly be less tho)on mcat

are these good enough stats for this school because this is what im TRYING to achieve.
well... as of now.. my stats are beyond bad...

well if any one knows about nething about this school, it would be a great help...

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

The school is one of two allopathic state schools in New Jersey. Lots of valuable information is found on the school's web site and in the brochure.

I have interviewed at this school on 1998 and 2000. Although I was put on the waiting list twice and am a little bitter, I will try to be as objective as possible. It is a tough place to be, Newark that is. Having said this, a lot of medical schools in the US are in urban, depressed or underserved areas. The school bills this as a positive attribute since there is no shortage of pain and illness in the inner city. They say this is especially true of your trauma training. You will see everything! None of the students with whom I spoke lived near the school and all need cars to commute to school.

The fascilities were nothing great. A big square concrete building with classrooms.

The interviewers were very friendly and Dr. George Heinrich, the associate dean of admissions, is very helpful.

Overall, it is a good education for the money. If you are an in-state student (NJ resident) you should definitely think hard about going to one of the two schools and saving lots of $$$$$.

Good Luck