NMAT Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hindipilipino

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of time to waste at my job so here it goes:

http://cem-inc.org.ph/nmat-announcement.html

NMAT Announcement

NMAT in the US

The Center for Educational Measurement, Inc. (CEM) wishes to announce the forthcoming schedule of the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT). This is open for third and fourth year college students and graduates who wish to apply for a medical course in the Philippines.

CHICAGO

Test date: October 14, 2006

LOS ANGELES

Test date: October 21, 2006

Contact Person : MR. GODFREY VERGARA
P.O. Box 3553
Granada Hills, CA 91394-0553
U.S.A.
Mobile No.: 818-6124490 or 818-9977117

E-mail: [email protected]

Registration Fee: $25.00 (Bulletin of Information, Practice Set Parts I & II)
Test Fee: $350.00

Warning to the Public
The Center for Educational Measurement, Inc. (CEM), the testing and research institution in charge, since 1986, of developing, maintaining, and administering the National Medical Admission Test or NMAT, to both local and foreign applicants to medical schools in the Philippines, is not affiliated with, and does not endorse enrollment to, any professional review school or any medical school in the Philippines.

Please immediately inform the CEM management of incidents involving any institution and/or person(s), particularly those previously or currently connected with CEM as officers and employees, as local or foreign field representatives and coordinators for the NMAT and other CEM tests, making pronouncements or claims contrary to the above.

My Email Correspondence with Mr. Vergara

dear kevin, this is mr vergara. you can send me the $25.00 and likewise i
will send you a 2006 nmat packet. good wishes, godfrey

dear kevin, nmat-usa have been given towards the end of the year and it
will always be during that time, i.e., october and november. you may send
the materials fee of US$25.00. the application/registration form to
participate in the exam has been pre-numbered and this number will identify
you. the practice tests set also changes every year, and each year a
possible addendum(addition/deletion) is made.
i hope this will help you.
godfrey

dear kevin, you can prepare for the exam this october with the review
materials i am going to send. one of the materials is part I and part II
practice tests pamphlets. they serve as review materials. they look similar
but not the same as the exam this october. the other way to prepare is a
supplemental reading of MCAT books available at our public libraries here in
the u.s. lastly, you are a college graduate and all the above should
prepare you well for the exam. as far as changes in the exam every year,
that i don't know. good wishes, godfrey

dear kevin, yes, indeed. personal check is one of the medium of economics.
good wishes, godfrey

Members don't see this ad.

Where i can obtain the NMAT reg form in Manila? Is it already available?

thanks

Sorry; this is for U.S... you can probably find the information on the NMAT website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where to pick up the registration form in Manila? I ve checked the website, and i guess the sites is broken... Thank you

I think its in Legaspi Village, Makati, Metro Manila- last time I checked

Are you in Manila?

You can ride the LRT and take the MRT and get it there

By the way- I am guessing your Thai so... how do you say hello in Thai?

Actually i m not Thai. But i m taking my bio degree in Thailand... It is a nice country with nice people. Unfortunately they do not have any international medical school...

....Sawadee Krab.... greetings!:)

Good luck to all those taking the NMAT this October!

Good luck to all those taking the NMAT this October!

October- is that for the states only? Will you be taking it as well?

Am Jealous- why only those taking the NMAT in October- how about those in December (in the Philippines), will you not wish them luck as well? Hurt hurt hurt

Anyways- good luck to those taking the NMAT

October- is that for the states only? Will you be taking it as well?

Am Jealous- why only those taking the NMAT in October- how about those in December (in the Philippines), will you not wish them luck as well? Hurt hurt hurt

Anyways- good luck to those taking the NMAT

You are absolutely right. Good luck to those in December as well!

Hello,

For those who have taken NMAT, please ...

1) Will the periodic table be appendixed to the test booklet ?

2) The NMAT guide says "You shouldn't write on the test booklet" .. is this strictly forbidden ? Can you write on it, at least for Quantitative section ? :)

Thanks.

Hello,

For those who have taken NMAT, please ...

1) Will the periodic table be appendixed to the test booklet ?

2) The NMAT guide says "You shouldn't write on the test booklet" .. is this strictly forbidden ? Can you write on it, at least for Quantitative section ? :)

Thanks.

Writing in the test booklet is strictly forbidden. However, there are plenty of scrap papers provided for your doodling enjoyment!

What I wish to know is... are there any shortcuts to doing the quantitative section? These calculations are long and tedious. Given that we have under a minute per question, I am so tempted to just skip this section altogether!

Writing in the test booklet is strictly forbidden. However, there are plenty of scrap papers provided for your doodling enjoyment!

What I wish to know is... are there any shortcuts to doing the quantitative section? These calculations are long and tedious. Given that we have under a minute per question, I am so tempted to just skip this section altogether!

I cant say- the practice sets are really annoying and some even repetitive. Anyways, "KAYA NATIN TO!" (We can do this!). GUDLUCK PEOPLE and BELATED HAPPY - BER Months

Hi,

Can someone please confirm ...

Will the Periodic Table be given as reference ?

Thanks much.

does anybody here know the complete address of the place where one can get an nmat form in manila? the website only mentioned about the forms in the u.s. but not about the ones in manila. :)

do they still have the nmat exams in los angeles? Or are they only in philippines?
The link doesnt work anymore... I know this is an old thread.. but I need some info for the NMAT in los angeles.. thanks to anyone who can help