NO AACOMAS 2017-2018 THREAD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWillMakeIt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title says it all. lol we should start the thread since the application opened today!!

Members don't see this ad.

Exciting, yet scary at the same time.. the AACOMAS rollercoaster is now open for the daring riders :welcome:

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what the deal is for mcat scores? When you enter all your information, does it take the application a few days to upload your test scores?

Also, is it really worth paying the 70$ for them to enter your transcripts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the deal is for mcat scores? When you enter all your information, does it take the application a few days to upload your test scores?

I heard it takes at least 5 days. I dont think its worth paying $70 for them to enter your transcripts, I will be entering them manually

Definitely not worth $70. I've heard of some users saying that there were mistakes, even when they were automatically entered. If you can do it + have the time, don't pay for it. The app process will be more than enough $$$

Definitely not worth $70. I've heard of some users saying that there were mistakes, even when they were automatically entered. If you can do it + have the time, don't pay for it. The app process will be more than enough $$$

Thanks Mike

Do it yourself everytime.

Reactions: 1 users
Took me all of 45-60 min to fill it out manually. Don't waste the 70 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

so just to be clear, all we have to do is go on the AAMC page and send our MCAT score reports to AACOMAS and put our AAMC ID on the app, then they will link with our application in a few days?

when does SDN update 2017-2017 specific school thread?

Members don't see this ad :)
when does SDN update 2017-2017 specific school thread?

It feels like yesterday several of us were asking this last year. We just annoyed @AlteredScale about it until he finally folded to pre-med neuroticism.

A lot of threads are still waiting on initial waitlist movement. I wouldn't worry about threads until at least July. That was the earliest I received any secondary.

1) Don't pay for them to fill in your transcripts, waste of money and it's kinda chill putting in your own grades. ALWAYS TYPE THE COURSE NAME EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT ON TO YOUR AACOMAS. Even if you think the title as printed doesn't make sense/weird. For example, I took Gen Chem 1 and Gen Chem 2 and my community college and the course title was "GENERAL" for both. Loll.

2) Students forget every year, but DON'T FORGET TO RELEASE YOUR MCAT SCORE TO AACOMAS!! You do this by logging in to your AAMC page where your score is listed, from there you will find a drop-down menu that allows you to release your scores to schools/institutions. I've called AAMC and they will not do it over the phone, you must do it over the computer.

Any questions about apps please feel free to PM me. :)

Can't believe a year just flew by!!!

Reactions: 1 users
So Ive sent my score report from AAMC to AACOMAS, and I realize that it will take a few days for them to get it, but when I click "check status", I dont even see a "Standardized Tests" category. Will that appear when they receive my score report or something?

Please read this warning!!

If you attended 2 or more schools that use different credit hour systems, I STRONGLY recommend you pay the $70 to have them enter the transcripts for you.

If your schools make you use credit "conversion factors," don't try to do those calculations yourself, even though it seems straightforward.

The reason is that AACOMAS historically is very ba at communicating what it expects from students who input credit conversion information. The expectations on the website are poorly communicated, especially their FAQ. Even when you call them, they'll occasionally give the wrong advice.

Many of my friends in this situation followed the advice of the AACOMAS representatives' instructions perfectly. Sometimes they told them to include it exactly as it appears on the transcript. Sometimes they told them to do the conversions. AACOMAS screwed up repeatedly.

What happened is that they submitted their application, waited a month to be confirmed... and then after a month, were told that "you Input the conversion factors for credit hours wrong, please re-do it and submit it again." They had to wait ANOTHER month to get confirmed.

This has happened to my friends last year and this year. There were several threads about it with many upset students. For some, it was the difference between interviewing for a seat or interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Don't take the risk. if your transcripts require you to make credit conversions, just pay the $70 and let AACOMAS handle that s***.

Let's say you took classes during the summer after your first year. Would you be considered a freshman or a sophomore that summer?

so I have a question on military credit... anyone by chance know the subject for intelligence courses from community college of the air force? the courses are "ITL1234". would I just put that under military science? other sciences/non-science?

Let's say you took classes during the summer after your first year. Would you be considered a freshman or a sophomore that summer?
I put mine as freshman

I'm looking at the MCIB and can't find any MCAT/sGPA stats. How can I make a good school list without this info? Do anyone know where I can find this info?

Just another quick question, why is there an option to send MCAT scores to PCOM and LUCOM? Do they not automatically get sent from AACOMAS?

The MCAT self-report section in AACOMAS seems to provide score categories from the old MCAT exam (e.g.,writing). Did anyone else notice this?

The MCAT self-report section in AACOMAS seems to provide score categories from the old MCAT exam (e.g.,writing). Did anyone else notice this?
Just fill out the ID and the test date, go to the AAMC and send your score to the AACOMAS. They will likely show after a day or so on there

I have another question about the transcript entry. I have placed all of my courses in, but my application still says that I am missing some of the pre-reqs for some of the programs that I am applying to this cycle. The schools that say I have missing pre-reqs are at the bottom of the transcript entry page with an blue exclamation mark next to courses such as org chem, gen chem etc., but obviously I've taken those courses and they have been placed in accurately so I don't know why I have this error. Has this happened to anyone else?

2017-2018 Secondary Application Threads

This one is still closed. We cannot communicate. When are you gonna open them?

The schools haven't even received your app yet until July so I wouldn't worry yet. I think admins want waitlist season to die down before starting new threads in order to alleviate confusion

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

@AlteredScale Some of the threads are locked though (ie DMUCOM, MSUCOM, and many more). Could you unlock them?

Please read this warning!!

If you attended 2 or more schools that use different credit hour systems, I STRONGLY recommend you pay the $70 to have them enter the transcripts for you.

If your schools make you use credit "conversion factors," don't try to do those calculations yourself, even though it seems straightforward.

The reason is that AACOMAS historically is very ba at communicating what it expects from students who input credit conversion information. The expectations on the website are poorly communicated, especially their FAQ. Even when you call them, they'll occasionally give the wrong advice.

Many of my friends in this situation followed the advice of the AACOMAS representatives' instructions perfectly. Sometimes they told them to include it exactly as it appears on the transcript. Sometimes they told them to do the conversions. AACOMAS screwed up repeatedly.

What happened is that they submitted their application, waited a month to be confirmed... and then after a month, were told that "you Input the conversion factors for credit hours wrong, please re-do it and submit it again." They had to wait ANOTHER month to get confirmed.

This has happened to my friends last year and this year. There were several threads about it with many upset students. For some, it was the difference between interviewing for a seat or interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Don't take the risk. if your transcripts require you to make credit conversions, just pay the $70 and let AACOMAS handle that s***.
How do we know if we need to do credit conversions? If each school was on a semester system with 4.0 scale [A, B, C, D; No (-) or (+)], will there be a conversion?

Edit: Nevermind I'm an idiot.

Last edited: