No acceptances, what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of course its simple. its math. it doesnt need to be complex. I understand that when you have 1 interview you are really scared and the numbers dont seem to matter. But if you have 4 interviews then you are going to get into at least 1 school. Theres not much thought I need to put into that lol again pure math. The only bad part is that you can be part of that 3% club and get 0 acceptances. But statistically speaking that wont happen.

I like to use the Law of Parsimony thats the easiest way for me to look at situations like this one. I dont want to over complicate it with complex methodology.

MrAvicii !!!

A measely 60% chance at acceptance is surely way too low for a man of your stature after you're done with your interview.

Members don't see this ad.

MrAvicii !!!

A measely 60% chance at acceptance is surely way too low for a man of your stature after you're done with your interview.

of course its low, I have people like you stealing interviews at all the good schools like Stony Brook :D

but hey you wanted to bring it down to the low level since you cant argue against math ;)

Math is great and thanks to all the math experts who post the odds. But, I'm a realist and the real people who posted that they had 4 interviews and no acceptances last Dec 1st were all accepted someplace before the fat lady sang. So I have hope for us, too. Don't panic on Dec 1st. It's not over till it's over, and even then, there is always next year. Don't give up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoever bumped this thread. I hate you lol. This thread just humbled me and makes me worry.

Math is great and thanks to all the math experts who post the odds. But, I'm a realist and the real people who posted that they had 4 interviews and no acceptances last Dec 1st were all accepted someplace before the fat lady sang.

Oh dear God. It would slowly kill me inside, knowing that I only got in off a waitlist. I'd bury that piece of information so far in the closet that it would be in Narnia.

I would hate for the acceptance letters to come in the mail on Dec 2nd, 3rd or the 5th. Would be the most depressing couple of days, but that's what we need to prepare for with the schools that send out snail mail. I guess we can start feeling like crap after Dec 5th.

lol i wouldn't look at it as "odds." the 60/100 hypothetical acceptances were just what the numbers needed to be to fill the class. odds is if you're assuming random draw. if they want you, your "odds" are 100% and if not, then 0%

lol i wouldn't look at it as "odds." the 60/100 hypothetical acceptances were just what the numbers needed to be to fill the class. odds is if you're assuming random draw. if they want you, your "odds" are 100% and if not, then 0%

the #s I used were not hypotheticals they are the real # of students accepted last year post interview. The numbers did not change significantly from the year before that. Therefore this year the numbers should be close enough.

Math is great and thanks to all the math experts who post the odds. But, I'm a realist and the real people who posted that they had 4 interviews and no acceptances last Dec 1st were all accepted someplace before the fat lady sang. So I have hope for us, too. Don't panic on Dec 1st. It's not over till it's over, and even then, there is always next year. Don't give up.

Please point me to the threads where people had 0 out of 4 acceptances. I would really like to see those.

PS How does reality conflict with math? :confused: Math in this example represent actual aka "realistic" data from last year.

People on this site really gotta stop making up stuff. I dont get how many of you can feel so smart and do so well on an exam like the DAT but then doubt simple numbers and simple math? Yes your personality is wonderful and yes you may have had a bad interview or two. But facts are facts and numbers are numbers. 97% of predents with 4 or more interviews are getting 1 acceptance. (if those 4 schools had a 60% post interview chance of admission.) Even if we flip the numbers to 40% acceptance per school, that still yields an 87% chance of admission to 1 out of 4 schools. Case closed. There's no need to argue it emotionally. (Sorry if i'm getting emotional, I just dont like it when people argue against basic facts like math or gravity for that matter :) )

lol this one? (check OP)

ahha good one wzhu and guess what. Go up to the top and read how people wrote that. Indeed the exact number was 3 :D

I trust the first guy, the other 2 just said "me too" might mean they got rejected but not necessarily from 4 schools. The reason I say this is because another thread below them says :same thing:, but then goes on to say he/she was rejected from only 2 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
tell them to come back and finish their stories...!

but why? 97% of them are fine. :) im ok with that. you should be ok. its ok to live with numbers, they wont hurt you, in most cases lol its ok to accept that fact, no need to fight city hall lol

regardless, i will be ****faced wednesday night until thursday

regardless, i will be ****faced wednesday night until thursday

i wish i had the time :( i have 2 tests on Dec 1st. I think im gonna stay away from the portal and just see what happens Thursday morning. I dont want anxiety on top of anxiety.

Worst. Bump. Ever.

Sorry NguyenDDS.

Went from a :D Turkey Day --> :scared: mindless SDN roaming + :boom:

I'm officially prepared for both good and/or bad news on Thursday :) I have a great boyfriend and parents who actually don't want me to get accepted this cycle. lol They are not ready for me to leave...
And I'm preparing to reapply for next cycle, just in case :) Retaking my DAT in February! :D

I'm officially prepared for both good and/or bad news on Thursday :) I have a great boyfriend and parents who actually don't want me to get accepted this cycle. lol They are not ready for me to leave...
And I'm preparing to reapply for next cycle, just in case :) Retaking my DAT in February! :D

I'm officially NOT-prepared for both good and/or bad news on Thursday... Ugh, D-Day! I have a great GF as well, but my parents, as long as myself, would really really hope that I get in this cycle! Don't jinx it...

If all else fails, I too will be applying next cycle. Probably won't retake DATs until like August or something though...

Also Nguyen, where'd your PreDents go? Wanted to double check, but didn't you apply last cycle as well or am I confusing you with someone else.

Whatever the deal is, :thumbup: to all :xf:

I'm officially NOT-prepared for both good and/or bad news on Thursday... Ugh, D-Day! I have a great GF as well, but my parents, as long as myself, would really really hope that I get in this cycle! Don't jinx it...

If all else fails, I too will be applying next cycle. Probably won't retake DATs until like August or something though...

Also Nguyen, where'd your PreDents go? Wanted to double check, but didn't you apply last cycle as well or am I confusing you with someone else.

Whatever the deal is, :thumbup: to all :xf:

Whoops! It's back up! :) But, nooo, this is my first time applying :)

I think I'm mentally prepared, because I don't have anyone who really wants me to get accepted and leave yet. Boyfriend/fiance wants me to get accepted right when he's done with his school (1.5 years). Parents want me to stay in Texas so they don't have to worry so much and to be debt free. Anyhow, I wish you and everyone best of luck!

Last edited:
It appears this thread is where I belong today... :oops: Anyone else?

4 pre-dec interviews-> 1 rejection & 3 waitlists here :D

4 pre-dec interviews-> 1 rejection & 3 waitlists here :D

3 wait-list is great! Much, much better than a rejection! I guess we have to wait for the January round :)

Last edited:
3 wait-list is great! Much, much better than a rejection! I guess we have to wait for the January round :)

For me?

3 pre-dec interview---> 1 rejection & 2 unknowns

ok....I wrote it wrong... 3 unknowns actually :)

Hopefully we find out what our unknowns are soon! :)

Last edited: