no B.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrOwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an illinois resident that will be finishing his 2nd year with 63 credit hours. i have a 4.0 gpa and im looking into applying this may without getting a B.S, What schools would accept me without a bachelors? do I have a good shot at any...ive noticed that marquette admits about 30?% without B.S..anywhere else???Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you earn 90 credits, you have NO shot. Although most schools don't require a degree, they all require 90 credits minimum.

After that, if your GPA and DAT scores are competitive, you'll probably stand as good of a chance as any other applicant.

DrOwen said:
I am an illinois resident that will be finishing his 2nd year with 63 credit hours. i have a 4.0 gpa and im looking into applying this may without getting a B.S, What schools would accept me without a bachelors? do I have a good shot at any...ive noticed that marquette admits about 30?% without B.S..anywhere else???Thanks for your help

if you're applying in the next cycle you'd be accepted in the fall of 2006 which means you'd be through with junior year by then, you definately have a shot, one of the kids i know got into pittsburg his junior year. just apply early & good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not going to graduate, even though I have plenty of credits. I would say that the majority of schools don't care. I got into 3 schools too!

yeah if i do it, ill apply next cycle for fall 06...and go thru my junior year, ill probably finish 90-95 credit hours.. Thanks for the advices...are there certain schools that i have a better shot at without a b.s?

Case, Marquette, Nova, UNLV, Loma Linda, Ohio State, AZ, VCU, plus many more

ItsGavinC said:
Unless you earn 90 credits, you have NO shot. Although most schools don't require a degree, they all require 90 credits minimum.

After that, if your GPA and DAT scores are competitive, you'll probably stand as good of a chance as any other applicant.

Southern Illinois will occasionally accept students with less than 90 hours. They have a min of 60. It does happen because my neice was accepted there with 70 hours. This is possiable but a very dificult road. your GPA is excellent get 20 on the DAT and you have a shot.

DIRTIE said:
Case, Marquette, Nova, UNLV, Loma Linda, Ohio State, AZ, VCU, plus many more
Just a correction on the list. Loma linda only takes 1 or 2 students every year that don't have a degree. I think it all depends on your stats. If you have a 4.0 and 23 on dat and have 100 credits, they will accept you without a degree.

very good topic... I dont exactly understand how effective is it to apply without a b.s and what are the chances...i mean if they take 1 or 2 then might as well not apply..anybody has more info on this topic..if anyone got accepted or rejected by applying without a b.s ...plz share ur info..thank you

DrOwen said:

I'm sophomore status and am going to take DAT this summer, and apply in May for 2006 acceptance after my junior year. I have a lot of credit hours due to an AS I received years ago but of course they don't care about that! My GPA is 3.8/3.6, only prereq left for next year is physics. I will study two months for the DAT. I think there is a slim shot of getting in early with good grades and DAT, but worth at least trying, since I'm not getting any younger!! One of my classmate's brothers just now got an interview at the school I want to apply to. He's only a sophomore. I figure this late in the cycle they are getting declines and scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill the classes. I hope they scrape me this time next year!!! :oops:))

This is definetly possible. I applied after sophmore year, and will have 98 credits and no degree prior to dental school. I was accepted to 3 schools in the midwest. An there are plenty others out there who have done the same.

Profchaos said:
Just a correction on the list. Loma linda only takes 1 or 2 students every year that don't have a degree. I think it all depends on your stats. If you have a 4.0 and 23 on dat and have 100 credits, they will accept you without a degree.

Profchaos
Just so you know, this year at my undergrad alone I know of 2 people that were accepted to Loma Linda without a degree, and they had a 19/20 on the Dat, and they aren't SDAs either, but you will not see them on the little stat page on ADEA's listing in the future because they choose to not go there!

DIRTIE said:
Profchaos
Just so you know, this year at my undergrad alone I know of 2 people that were accepted to Loma Linda without a degree, and they had a 19/20 on the Dat, and they aren't SDAs either, but you will not see them on the little stat page on ADEA's listing in the future because they choose to not go there!

i have 22, 22, 20 but the interviewer told me they rarely take undergraduate. Maybe they changed policy this year.

Just a list of schools that accepted students from my institution without getting a degree for this fall so far.

Marquette, AZ, LL, Case, Ohio State, Maryland, Nova, Indiana, Oklahoma, UNLV, Creighton, Tufts, Louisville, Temple, plus more that I can't remember right now.
I do believe that they would prefer you to have over 100 credits by the time that you matriculate though.