DrOwen

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
49
0
34
Chicago,IL
Visit site
Status
I am an illinois resident that will be finishing his 2nd year with 63 credit hours. i have a 4.0 gpa and im looking into applying this may without getting a B.S, What schools would accept me without a bachelors? do I have a good shot at any...ive noticed that marquette admits about 30?% without B.S..anywhere else???Thanks for your help
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
17
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Unless you earn 90 credits, you have NO shot. Although most schools don't require a degree, they all require 90 credits minimum.

After that, if your GPA and DAT scores are competitive, you'll probably stand as good of a chance as any other applicant.
 

Nendo21

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
271
0
Visit site
Status
DrOwen said:
I am an illinois resident that will be finishing his 2nd year with 63 credit hours. i have a 4.0 gpa and im looking into applying this may without getting a B.S, What schools would accept me without a bachelors? do I have a good shot at any...ive noticed that marquette admits about 30?% without B.S..anywhere else???Thanks for your help
if you're applying in the next cycle you'd be accepted in the fall of 2006 which means you'd be through with junior year by then, you definately have a shot, one of the kids i know got into pittsburg his junior year. just apply early & good luck
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
409
0
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
I am not going to graduate, even though I have plenty of credits. I would say that the majority of schools don't care. I got into 3 schools too!
 
OP
D

DrOwen

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
49
0
34
Chicago,IL
Visit site
Status
yeah if i do it, ill apply next cycle for fall 06...and go thru my junior year, ill probably finish 90-95 credit hours.. Thanks for the advices...are there certain schools that i have a better shot at without a b.s?
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
409
0
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
Case, Marquette, Nova, UNLV, Loma Linda, Ohio State, AZ, VCU, plus many more
 

oncogene

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2002
219
0
southern Illinois
Visit site
Status
ItsGavinC said:
Unless you earn 90 credits, you have NO shot. Although most schools don't require a degree, they all require 90 credits minimum.

After that, if your GPA and DAT scores are competitive, you'll probably stand as good of a chance as any other applicant.
Southern Illinois will occasionally accept students with less than 90 hours. They have a min of 60. It does happen because my neice was accepted there with 70 hours. This is possiable but a very dificult road. your GPA is excellent get 20 on the DAT and you have a shot.
 

Profchaos

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
503
0
Status
DIRTIE said:
Case, Marquette, Nova, UNLV, Loma Linda, Ohio State, AZ, VCU, plus many more
Just a correction on the list. Loma linda only takes 1 or 2 students every year that don't have a degree. I think it all depends on your stats. If you have a 4.0 and 23 on dat and have 100 credits, they will accept you without a degree.
 

joooj86

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
180
0
33
Chicago
Visit site
Status
very good topic... I dont exactly understand how effective is it to apply without a b.s and what are the chances...i mean if they take 1 or 2 then might as well not apply..anybody has more info on this topic..if anyone got accepted or rejected by applying without a b.s ...plz share ur info..thank you
 

kes12

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2004
8
0
Status
DrOwen said:
I am an illinois resident that will be finishing his 2nd year with 63 credit hours. i have a 4.0 gpa and im looking into applying this may without getting a B.S, What schools would accept me without a bachelors? do I have a good shot at any...ive noticed that marquette admits about 30?% without B.S..anywhere else???Thanks for your help
I'm sophomore status and am going to take DAT this summer, and apply in May for 2006 acceptance after my junior year. I have a lot of credit hours due to an AS I received years ago but of course they don't care about that! My GPA is 3.8/3.6, only prereq left for next year is physics. I will study two months for the DAT. I think there is a slim shot of getting in early with good grades and DAT, but worth at least trying, since I'm not getting any younger!! One of my classmate's brothers just now got an interview at the school I want to apply to. He's only a sophomore. I figure this late in the cycle they are getting declines and scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill the classes. I hope they scrape me this time next year!!! :oops:))
 

yeahbuddy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
33
0
Status
This is definetly possible. I applied after sophmore year, and will have 98 credits and no degree prior to dental school. I was accepted to 3 schools in the midwest. An there are plenty others out there who have done the same.
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
409
0
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
Profchaos said:
Just a correction on the list. Loma linda only takes 1 or 2 students every year that don't have a degree. I think it all depends on your stats. If you have a 4.0 and 23 on dat and have 100 credits, they will accept you without a degree.
Profchaos
Just so you know, this year at my undergrad alone I know of 2 people that were accepted to Loma Linda without a degree, and they had a 19/20 on the Dat, and they aren't SDAs either, but you will not see them on the little stat page on ADEA's listing in the future because they choose to not go there!
Thanks :)
 

Profchaos

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
503
0
Status
DIRTIE said:
Profchaos
Just so you know, this year at my undergrad alone I know of 2 people that were accepted to Loma Linda without a degree, and they had a 19/20 on the Dat, and they aren't SDAs either, but you will not see them on the little stat page on ADEA's listing in the future because they choose to not go there!
Thanks :)
i have 22, 22, 20 but the interviewer told me they rarely take undergraduate. Maybe they changed policy this year.
 

DIRTIE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
409
0
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
Just a list of schools that accepted students from my institution without getting a degree for this fall so far.

Marquette, AZ, LL, Case, Ohio State, Maryland, Nova, Indiana, Oklahoma, UNLV, Creighton, Tufts, Louisville, Temple, plus more that I can't remember right now.
I do believe that they would prefer you to have over 100 credits by the time that you matriculate though.