No call, no match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthoh

Reaction score
As interviews wind down I've been hearing from some fellow applicants that theyve received calls or texts from places indicating that they were highly ranked etc. I've had a decent amount of interviews scheduled (5+) but zero communication so far. Is it fair to assume that my odds of matching go way down if none of those programs reach out to me?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As interviews wind down I've been hearing from some fellow applicants that theyve received calls or texts from places indicating that they were highly ranked etc. I've had a decent amount of interviews scheduled (5+) but zero communication so far. Is it fair to assume that my odds of matching go way down if none of those programs reach out to me?

Thanks
I never heard anything, still matched.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m in the same boat. Zero contact after 6 interviews. Let’s hope for the best

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should clarify, I'm a DO applicant looking for the AOA match. Dunno if that changes things

oh wow, i interviewed at doctors and didn't get a phone call. i figured that most places would wait near the submission time and reach out. did you get contacted by a phone call, email, or snail mail?
I’m surprised you didn’t get a call as they make it clear they call everyone to let then know where they stand. Maybe you are
talking about the Modesto program that has a hospital called Doctors?

Kosher to send your #1 program an email letting them know you plan to rank them #1?

They all lie. (And they expect you to lie, as well.) Tell them all that you liked your interview and could see yourself being happy at their program, and then see what happens.

This prove to be true?

This prove to be true?
I know 10 people that matched and all matched where they were called. One was told he was 6-10 at doctors and matched there. Some PDs call more people than there are spots so be careful.

If you get a call you still may not match in the DO world. But not getting a call means your not gonna match.

I know 10 people that matched and all matched where they were called. One was told he was 6-10 at doctors and matched there. Some PDs call more people than there are spots so be careful.

If you get a call you still may not match in the DO world. But not getting a call means your not gonna match.

Not true at all. Didnt get a call last yr and matched. Only a few programs actually call the applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
If your interviews are at Ohio programs including Grandview, South Pointe, Doctors, St. Joe, and Toledo then they will call. So will the Michigan programs including Henry Ford and Gensys. Chicago and Kansas City had residents text their top choices this past year. Pennsylvania programs including Pinnacle and PCOM also call.
In California, Ventura calls after interviews and Riverside calls before to get the people they like on paper to rotate.

I personally know people that I rotated with that were called and texted from these programs. It was a very small applicant pool in the DO world. If you’re going to match at the above mentioned DO programs which accounts for >1/3 of all the DO programs, then you’ll be contacted.

There is always the chance that people that were contacted at these programs, get called from multiple programs and go somewhere else. That’s why PDs call more than the amount of spots that they have.

Generally speaking. Most people know before match day if they’re gonna match.

With the exception of my friend that matched in Florida, Everyone that matched had a call.