No decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trannguyen15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

As the decision just went by, I've not heard anything from the schools I interviewed to. When I gave them a call few days later, they told me the same thing, "No decision has been made on your application." Does it mean a soft rejection? Because from what I know, the interviewers likely made the decision as soon as the interviews ended so I'm wondering why there is no decision made...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,

As the decision just went by, I've not heard anything from the schools I interviewed to. When I gave them a call few days later, they told me the same thing, "No decision has been made on your application." Does it mean a soft rejection? Because from what I know, the interviewers likely made the decision as soon as the interviews ended so I'm wondering why there is no decision made...
there is no such thing as a "soft rejection"...

Reactions: 3 users
It just means they haven't decided on you yet. There are any number of reasons why that could be the case. They could be on a different time line this year because of COVID. Or maybe they legitimately have no decision yet. For applicants that adcoms consider very strong and very weak, making an admissions decision is straight forward. For applicants in the middle, adcoms may want to spend more time comparing against others in the application pool before making a decision.

Regardless, I wouldn't try to find hidden meaning here.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It just means they haven't decided on you yet. There are any number of reasons why that could be the case. They could be on a different time line this year because of COVID. Or maybe they legitimately have no decision yet. For applicants that adcoms consider very strong and very weak, making an admissions decision is straight forward. For applicants in the middle, adcoms may want to spend more time comparing against others in the application pool before making a decision.

Regardless, I wouldn't try to find hidden meaning here.
Thanks!