No emails from Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Konfetka

Sveta
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was mailed out today and I still have to take my DAT, so should I be worried about not recieving this e-mail everyone has been talking about?

Members don't see this ad.

this isn't a statement directed at the person above or anyone else in particular but....

Christ...you guys do realize it's still July....it's not even August or September, AADSAS has only been available for submitting for the last two months and most schools aren't seriously looking at anyones file just yet. Calm down people. You'll never survive dental school if you have an aneurism during the first months of just the application process.

Dr. Konfetka said:
My application was mailed out today and I still have to take my DAT, so should I be worried about not recieving this e-mail everyone has been talking about?

I recieved an email from them asking me to pay for the processing fee. That's all.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dear,

I received an email from tufts despite the fact that I didn't have the DAT score at that time. So I assume you will get one soon as well.

Best of luck,
Dentalist

Dr. Konfetka said:

Dr. Konfetka said:

if your application was mailed out today tufts won't get it for a few days, duhhhhh Jesus get some common sense and chilllllll

WS

Dr. Konfetka said:
Back when I was applying I used my hotmail account for the AADSAS application. I did get an email from tufts. However, it went to my "junk mail" folder and I didn't get it until 7/8 days later. By then, the offer for an interview had "expired" as tufts put it. Just another example of how that school has absolutely no class whatsoever. Other schools will actually have somebody call your house to schedule an appointment, and then follow that up with a letter. Not tufts though. They send one freaken email and that's it. They don't even care if you don't respond to it; they won't follow up on it. Tufts is a piece o' crap arrogant school in my opinion. :thumbdown:

SuperTrooper said:
Back when I was applying I used my hotmail account for the AADSAS application. I did get an email from tufts. However, it went to my "junk mail" folder and I didn't get it until 7/8 days later. By then, the offer for an interview had "expired" as tufts put it. Just another example of how that school has absolutely no class whatsoever. Other schools will actually have somebody call your house to schedule an appointment, and then follow that up with a letter. Not tufts though. They send one freaken email and that's it. They don't even care if you don't respond to it; they won't follow up on it. Tufts is a piece o' crap arrogant school in my opinion. :thumbdown:

Wao...that sucks....Man I am using hotmail also....and I rarely check my JUNK MAIL...I hope I get all the email that school sends me....

future_dentist said:
Wao...that sucks....Man I am using hotmail also....and I rarely check my JUNK MAIL...I hope I get all the email that school sends me....

i think its a bad idea to use a free email service like that..unless its gmail.

pbure said:
i think its a bad idea to use a free email service like that..unless its gmail.
No. The moral of my story isn't about which email account to list on AADSAS. The moral of the story is that tufts is an arrogant school. They think they're really hot stuff. Everybody should also know that they're ridiculously expensive, and their class is huge, full of competetive asians and JAPs.

wow...that's the third time today that someone has bashed on my ethnicity...first time today on SDN though. Still, that's some kind of record for me lately.

An asian...though not very competitive.

whiskeysour said:
if your application was mailed out today tufts won't get it for a few days, duhhhhh Jesus get some common sense and chilllllll

WS

Is that a Buffalo Bills helmet?

EmanUT said:
Is that a Buffalo Bills helmet?

no it's a university of florida helmet :)

WS

whiskeysour said:
no it's a university of florida helmet :)

WS

Even better! Please say you are a fan of the U. If you like the Noles, then all respect will be lost.

EmanUT said:
Even better! Please say you are a fan of the U. If you like the Noles, then all respect will be lost.

lol..... go noles :)

btw, what is "the U"? miami?? if so, all respect will be lost.

WS

SuperTrooper said:
No. The moral of my story isn't about which email account to list on AADSAS. The moral of the story is that tufts is an arrogant school. They think they're really hot stuff. Everybody should also know that they're ridiculously expensive, and their class is huge, full of competetive asians and JAPs.

Please disregard this guy - he certainly doesn't speak for all of us. I'm not asian, but that was INCREDIBLY DISTASTEFUL!!! You own some people an appology. Someone bitter they didn't get into Tufts? If that's not the height of arrogance I don't know what is.

tom_servo_dds said:
Please disregard this guy - he certainly doesn't speak for all of us. I'm not asian, but that was INCREDIBLY DISTASTEFUL!!! You own some people an appology. Someone bitter they didn't get into Tufts? If that's not the height of arrogance I don't know what is.

i agree....supertrooper is a clown! he's bitter he didn't get into tufts....boo-hoo. if he really thought tufts was a bad school he would have taken his unfortune as a blessing in disguise. i have heard nothing bad about tufts dental other than the fact it is pricey; in fact, it is one of my top choices.

WS :)

SuperTrooper said:

Well... I think not checking your junk mail was a mistake on your side.
As far as I remember, like others schools, Tufts sent me an "official" letter at home about my interview call (ofcourse I also received an email in my Yahoo account and it came in my regular mailbox, not junkbox).
I don't think any school would care. cuz if you miss their deadline, they would think that you were not interested.

djeffreyt said:
wow...that's the third time today that someone has bashed on my ethnicity...first time today on SDN though. Still, that's some kind of record for me lately.

An asian...though not very competitive.
Oh, I wasn't saying that all .... and ...... are competetive. Just that the ones who go to tufts are. Anyhow, I regret my earlier comment: I understand how some may have interpreted that as a racist comment. Please accept my appologies.

Hopin' said:
As far as I remember, like others schools, Tufts sent me an "official" letter at home about my interview call ....
Guess they wanted you more than they wanted me.

Hopin' said:
I don't think any school would care. cuz if you miss their deadline, they would think that you were not interested.
No. If the email was the only mode of contact, it is stupid of the school to assume that no response = not interested. I mean, why bother applying to tufts and sending them the supplementary fee?! Which was one of the bigger ones if I remember correctly.

But let's assume you're correct; that tufts thinks that those not interested won't reply to the email. I think that reflects on the way tufts operates. See, somebody like myself with class, responded to every invitation which I received, whether I chose to go to the interview or not, and thanked them for the opportunity.

SuperTrooper said:
Guess they wanted you more than they wanted me .

I guess so too... along with hundreds of other people that got a similar letter.

SuperTrooper said:
No. If the email was the only mode of contact, it is stupid of the school to assume that no response = not interested. I mean, why bother applying to tufts and sending them the supplementary fee?! Which was one of the bigger ones if I remember correctly.

But let's assume you're correct; that tufts thinks that those not interested won't reply to the email. I think that reflects on the way tufts operates. See, somebody like myself with class, responded to every invitation which I received, whether I chose to go to the interview or not, and thanked them for the opportunity.

Good or bad.... its upto applicant's viewpoint....