No interview from NYCOM : (

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anars28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am worried about not hearing from NYCOM. I have been complete since early October and according to admissions, my file is "under review". Does anyone know how full the class is? I see ppl on this board getting interviews and acceptances with stats lower than mine. I had a good deal of ECs in college, including volunteer work. I am not a NY resident though. I also sent a letter of interest in last week. Any other suggestions? I know that they interview until May, but this is getting depressing :( . I really do want to attend NYCOM....

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever I started getting worried about my app -I would call the school. Let NYCOM know that they are your first choice in a letter of intent. I have never written one, but I did let the schools know I was interested in them by personally meeting with the ass. dean and admissions advisors. Don't wait, call them now. :thumbup:

anars28 said:
Hi all,
I am worried about not hearing from NYCOM. I have been complete since early October and according to admissions, my file is "under review". Does anyone know how full the class is? I see ppl on this board getting interviews and acceptances with stats lower than mine. I had a good deal of ECs in college, including volunteer work. I am not a NY resident though. I also sent a letter of interest in last week. Any other suggestions? I know that they interview until May, but this is getting depressing :( . I really do want to attend NYCOM....

NYCOM adcom can be slow at times. Besides, they started interviewing pretty late in the game. They are interviewing till may. So don't worry. I am sure it will work out.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
If ure out of state, there is little chance u can get it. Not impossible, but a smaller chance for those who arent New Yorkers. Majority of ppl goin there who have been accepted are from the local NYC area. They even have some preference/bias for NYC students as compared to ppl with higher grades from outside the area. This is just what i have gathered after speaking with many who have been accepted so far.

djquick83 said:
If ure out of state, there is little chance u can get it. Not impossible, but a smaller chance for those who arent New Yorkers. Majority of ppl goin there who have been accepted are from the local NYC area. They even have some preference/bias for NYC students as compared to ppl with higher grades from outside the area. This is just what i have gathered after speaking with many who have been accepted so far.

I am not sure how true this is. I am from NY state, but certainly not the NYC area (in fact, I'm from western NY, about 300 miles from NYC) and I got accepted.

Karine04 said:
I am not sure how true this is. I am from NY state, but certainly not the NYC area (in fact, I'm from western NY, about 300 miles from NYC) and I got accepted.

There are also people in my class from California, Texas, Louisiana, Virginia and even Australia. You definitely DO NOT have to be a New Yorker.

Good luck!!!!

Let me rephrase that. NY area, including the city and upstate. Outside states are not as much of a consideration for them. Are they gonna have a few from out of state, yes. Not many but yes. Is the majority gonna be from NY, most likely. How likely, at least 70% of the class. Does it help your chances to be from NY ? You take a guess on it. :rolleyes:

what are your stats? if you don't mind divulging that info that is

OneLove said:
what are your stats? if you don't mind divulging that info that is

24 MCAT score, and 3.3 gpa....