No interview invites so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, congrats on all the people who got the acceptance! I wish I could celebrate like you.
But so far I haven't gotten any interviews yet (3 rejections from Marquette, UNLV, and Meharry).
I believe that many people got multiple acceptance letters, so the schools will invite more people later.
But how many people are actually getting lucky enough to get the interview invites in December through April?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard back from 3 schools on being in the competitive applicant pool and should anticipate an interview. But Dec 1rst is here and no news from any of the others.

If you look through the acceptance thread you'll see some folks are up to their 7th acceptance as of this morning. Clearly they're not going to go all to all 7 schools because they're not James Franco, so they'll turn down many of those spots. But a lot schools combat this by over-accepting. Some schools over-accept by a huge margin, some don't. Depends on where you applied. Doc Toothache has some excellent spreadsheets with those stats.

Even so, there's a good number of people on here that will tell you that they were accepted after a post-Dec interview. It's not over till it's over. I got an email this morning from Case Western about possible post-Dec interviews. And I'm optimistic about Midwestern possibly offering an interview as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you look through the acceptance thread you'll see some folks are up to their 7th acceptance as of this morning. Clearly they're not going to go all to all 7 schools because they're not James Franco, so they'll turn down many of those spots. But a lot schools combat this by over-accepting. Some schools over-accept by a huge margin, some don't. Depends on where you applied. Doc Toothache has some excellent spreadsheets with those stats.

Even so, there's a good number of people on here that will tell you that they were accepted after a post-Dec interview. It's not over till it's over. I got an email this morning from Case Western about possible post-Dec interviews. And I'm optimistic about Midwestern possibly offering an interview as well.

Did you get the your good but not great letter from them?

try sending out a email of interest. tell them they are your #1 school, give them an update on what you had been doing these last six months. helped me get an interview.

try sending out a email of interest. tell them they are your #1 school, give them an update on what you had been doing these last six months. helped me get an interview.

Maybe I should have done that ages ago rather than merely staying optimistic :dead: Now that it is officially post-Dec 1, do you guys think it will be wise of me to begin sending out a letter of continued interest? I apologize my question is an all-time abused one (been checking out the whole LOI-dilemma thread), but I just don't know how to take silence from my top choice schools :'(