Medical No interview invites - what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian student, graduated in 2018 with a 3.93 overall GPA (consistent each year) and AMCAS GPA of 4.0. My MCAT is a 512 (129 /124/129/130). I have taken the MCAT multiple times and the sciences have remained strong 129-130, but CARS is always stuck at 124. I applied to the US and Canada and didn't receive any interview invites. My extra currics include lots of research with 1 pub, 1 pending publication, 4 conference presentations with a poster competition win, medical clinic volunteering, club executive, tutoring, intramural sports etc.
At this point, I don't know what to do, I am considering the IMG route - Ireland, Caribbean, or Australia. I feel like my application is good enough for North America but my CARS is holding me back and I don't know how to fix it.
There are some 14 DO schools that take Canadians, especially UNECOM and MSUCOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Your description focuses a lot on your metrics and not on your reflections from your clinical observations. I'm not sure if this is anything resembling your actual application, but why are you interested in medicine? How well did you communicate this in your application? You're also claiming to look at being an IMG. You have that option if you want, but something tells me your lack of success with Canadian schools points to something non-metric. Did you have to take a SJT like CASPer?

Status
Not open for further replies.