no interview yet....next steps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicslover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got rejected from ICO and SUNY and I am waiting on PCO and NOVA. I think there classes are full though? Can anyone confirm this? Even if I do get an invite, there is prob still a very low chance that i will get in.

I already knew my stats weren't that great esp since of my prerequisite scores, so my question is what should I do next? I know I have to redo some of my prerequisite courses, should I register in summer courses and do them? And then get a job in the year? Or redo my OAT in the summer and then retake my courses in the next year? Or just do both my OAT and courses next year?

Here are my stats, if that helps.

GPA 2.9 ( I will get it to at least 3.0 by end of the year)

OAT Scores AA 300 TS 310

Bio 290
QR 290
Orgo 280
Physics 340
Chem 320

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

with those stats.. i'm pretty confident PCO will give you a shot..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll disagree with DawgOD: It's late in the application process, and, with those numbers, I wouldn't be confident of acceptance. (Good luck, but be prepared [mentally] to be rejected, this cycle.) If you don't get in, you might ask a few of the admissions committees that denied you what you might do to improve your candidacy for next time.

an interview that is..

why are they waiting so long to reject me?id rather they tell me now, so I can be certain of my plans for next year.

ur plans should be to better your application and increase your GPA for one. But regardless, plan for the unexpected.. save your money so in case you do get accepted late.. you'll be ready to go.

Stay positive.

why are they waiting so long to reject me?id rather they tell me now, so I can be certain of my plans for next year.

Have you called the school to inquire to the status of your application? They might be taking a while sending out an official letter, but perhaps the committee already has made its decision (be it in your favor, or against).

well PCO sent me a letter stating some things that were missing from my file and I emailed NOVA but they haven't replied. Will call them tomorrow.

If worst comes to worst, then do everything you can to strengthen your application and apply again in a future cycle. Obviously it's getting very late in this cycle, so I don't think your current chances are great. No shame in taking a year off, though. After all, I ended up having one 'gap year'.

well PCO sent me a letter stating some things that were missing from my file and I emailed NOVA but they haven't replied. Will call them tomorrow.

P.C.O. notified me, too, of missing items, but they were mistaken (I quickly contacted them to state as much); in another thread, also several other people said they received such letters (I'm not sure if those messages, as well, were sent erroneously). Are you sure things are missing from your file? If so, I hope you sent what was lacking; if not, you certainly should bring to P.C.O.'s attention the mistake.

Good luck.

physicslover, did you every get an interview?accepted?

i think ur GPA is the one that hurts u the most. Your OAT scores aren't bad but could be improved to help counterbalance ur gpa. If you can take classes over i would. And also you should def apply as early as you can next year

good luck

physicslover, did you every get an interview?accepted?

no, unfortunately i was just rejected by PCO :(

i still have NOVA but im kinda giving up hope..
I'm going to re-do the courses over the summer and perhaps re-do my OAT since I am going to repeating those pre-req courses and then get a job over the year and try again.

thanks for the help and support guys, I learned a lot about applications in this forum. Gdluck with your futures!

no, unfortunately i was just rejected by PCO :(

i still have NOVA but im kinda giving up hope..
I'm going to re-do the courses over the summer and perhaps re-do my OAT since I am going to repeating those pre-req courses and then get a job over the year and try again.

thanks for the help and support guys, I learned a lot about applications in this forum. Gdluck with your futures!

Sorry to hear about your rejection from P.C.O.; maybe Nova will work out.

Good luck.

just curious, what were your pre-req's gpa?

i think im in the same boat too..im planning to retake some courses!