No interviews - App Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mag7ical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app in July & got 1 rejection from Nova. Case & Buffalo put my app on hold for my fall grades. I haven't heard back from any other school. The rest of the schools simply say "Under Review" on AADSAS ... which hasn't changed in the past 2 months. My stats are: 3.2 gpa, 21/20/21, tons of ECs, 700+ dental hours & 3 years of research.

What are the chances that other schools might have put my app on hold? Or that they're going to give me a rejection in Dec?

Should I contact schools & ask them about my status?

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is below average but your DAT scores seem fine. What other schools did you apply to? If you applied to the right schools, I would think you'd be able to get at least an interview somewhere.

I applied to Midwestern IL, NYU, Stonybrook, UMDNJ, UPitt, Boston, Temple, Maryland, VCU, Tufts, UMich, UIC, Marquette

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a few of those schools have already finished pre-Dec interviews (and I believe Marquette is completely done, based on another thread). It wouldn't hurt to call and ask, but you probably won't get any additional information besides "it's under review". The only thing you can really do at this point is wait. Just continue to take classes if you can and improve your application, in case you have to re-apply next cycle.

dude im in your same exact boat

ihave a 3.26 gpa with 20/20/21 as well
with a bunch of volunteering and shadowing

ive applied to about 20 schools including all of the ones you have at the end of july

ive only heard rejections from loma linda and colorado.... the rest of them have just kinda been silent..... sigh its getting frustrating... iono what i should be expecting lol

should we keep our hopes up?

dude im in your same exact boat

ihave a 3.26 gpa with 20/20/21 as well with a bunch of volunteering and shadowing

ive applied to about 20 schools including all of the ones you have at the end of july

ive only heard rejections from loma linda and colorado.... the rest of them have just kinda been silent..... sigh its getting frustrating... iono what i should be expecting lol

should we keep our hopes up?

I don't know ... it doesn't seem like our stats are that bad. Hopefully there'll be some improvement post-dec:xf:

It sounds like some of the schools you applied to are looking for a strong semester out of you. I wouldn't give up hope yet!! They at least showed interest. Maybe if you come through with flying colors and a solid GPA for the fall, then they will call you in for an interview.?.?. :thumbup:

I think the only thing holding them back is your GPA (although your DAT makes up for some of that)... The point is, I think they are interested in you. You just need to show them how interested you are in them... Does that make sense?

Good Luck :)

Same situation here.
I have 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 overall GPA.
DAT 21/21/24. App mailing date: 8/27
No news so far... I expect I would have no chance pre-Dec but yeah.. I would have chance for post-dec. Keep the faith!!

I don't know ... it doesn't seem like our stats are that bad. Hopefully there'll be some improvement post-dec:xf:

ive heard some encouraging stories, but still this is not good, i had wanted to take it easy and relax my last sem in undergrad lol - now i have got to keep vigilant

ive got waiting for fall grades from indiana and case as well, with almost the exact same stats but a 24/24/25 DAT and am doing a master's right now.

I am really hoping that some other schools are just silently putting me on hold for fall grades. With the academic update my GPA should shoot up to 3.3x in all sections. Would really hate to apply next year.

Does anyone have any success stories to share about being put on hold or post-dec interviews without any news pre-dec?

I heard that maryland doesnt send rejection letter until next cycle starts. I read some thread that some people actually got acceptance notification during orientation.

Hey guys, I know it can be very frustrating
However, If you have at least one year good GPA, you might just get called
I had around the same GPA as you guys, 22 on DAT
My last year GPA was 4.0, last 3 years were 3.6
If you need to do a master program, do it
One year good GPA will pull you up a lot
Also, take upper level science courses, histology, anatomy, microbiology and do well on them :)
Best wishes to you all

My stats are: 3.2 gpa, 21/20/21, tons of ECs, 700+ dental hours & 3 years of research.

What school did you go to? I was talking to someone on the admissions committee at MCG and they said that the school you go to really does matter. If you went to a good university and those are your stats then you probably have a better chance.

for those of your with above 3.0+ GPAs what are your science GPAs and BCPs?

From the 5 interviews I've to so far, schools seem to favor that science-GPA above all.... even some (like detroit mercy) mostly favors the BCP above all others.