No interviews so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstuden245

Reaction score
Hey guys, I applied mid July and have yet to receive any interviews. I have above average stats but I am not sure if it is my personal statement or something else. Is it still early for interviews or am I overthinking?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I applied mid July and have yet to receive any interviews. I have above average stats but I am not sure if it is my personal statement or something else. Is it still early for interviews or am I overthinking?

Thanks
Definitely overthinking, most state schools haven't sent invites yet, mostly private southern schools so far if you look on the official tracker. Take a breather and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks
trust the process...

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks
What are your stats? You don't have a WAMC so we don't know if there is an issue, if you picked incompatible schools, or if your activities don't really fit the school mission. It is a bit early but those who have submitted their applications in the first month or so (I have to look at the tracker) are getting results, including R's and Holds. Silence/ghosting is also a response. Your time will come, and be careful what you wish for. :)

27aa, 4.0gpa. Yeah I’m not sure why not.
"Above average stats" huh?
Who did you ask for help? Did you have a prehealth advisor? Do you have a committee letter? How much networking did you do before applying? It would be nice if you filled out a WAMC template.

I'm not sure we can give you a definite answer because we don't know you, and there's nothing we have that suggests you have an issue with your application or not. I can't think of any answer that could allay your anxiety.

So relax, trust the process. But you are not entitled to an II no matter how high your stats are.

"Above average stats" huh?
Who did you ask for help? Did you have a prehealth advisor? Do you have a committee letter? How much networking did you do before applying? It would be nice if you filled out a WAMC template.

I'm not sure we can give you a definite answer because we don't know you, and there's nothing we have that suggests you have an issue with your application or not. I can't think of any answer that could allay your anxiety.

So relax, trust the process. But you are not entitled to an II no matter how high your stats are.
fullsend is not OP...

What are your stats? You don't have a WAMC so we don't know if there is an issue, if you picked incompatible schools, or if your activities don't really fit the school mission. It is a bit early but those who have submitted their applications in the first month or so (I have to look at the tracker) are getting results, including R's and Holds. Silence/ghosting is also a response. Your time will come, and be careful what you wish for. :)
DAT: 27 AA, 30TS, 21 PAT
GPA: 3.99, 4.0 SGPA
Volunteer: 200+ hrs
Shadow: 100 hrs
No research
LOR: Very strong dentist lor, ok ish teacher letters due to covid.
Verified Application: July 18th
Schools applied: Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, OHSU, LECOM, Az midwestern, Upen, Pitts, Temp, Rutgers, Tufts, Colorado, texas huston, texas a&m, Detroit mercy, boston. Resident: Oregon

Not sure if this is what you wanted, I am new here so let me know if I missed something.
Thanks for the help!!

DAT: 27 AA, 30TS, 21 PAT
GPA: 3.99, 4.0 SGPA
Volunteer: 200+ hrs
Shadow: 100 hrs
No research
LOR: Very strong dentist lor, ok ish teacher letters due to covid.
Verified Application: July 18th
Schools applied: Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, OHSU, LECOM, Az midwestern, Upen, Pitts, Temp, Rutgers, Tufts, Colorado, texas huston, texas a&m, Detroit mercy, boston. Resident: Oregon
most of those schools have not started offering interviews yet
and you most likely get yield management from U$C LECOM tufts and detroit mercy

have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at OHSU?

most of those schools have not started offering interviews yet
and you most likely get yield management from U$C LECOM tufts and detroit mercy

have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at OHSU?

I have done few volunteering events with them but I doubt they’ll remember me lol.