No Interviews Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkDorian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I submitted my AMCAS application on the first day and completed all of my secodaries within a couple days but I have not yet received any interviews for any of the schools that I applied to (or any emails in general for that matter). Is it too early in the cycle for me to be worried? Also, would now be the time to send a letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad.

write up a 3 page letter of intent with no paragraph breaks and cc every school adcom in one giant email. should be golden

Reactions: 8 users
Definitely send a letter of intent. The only way to differentiate yourself from the other 5,000 students applying to the school who paid fees and took the time to fill out secondary essays is to actually iterate that you want to go there.

Or just realize its only mid August of a looooooooong app cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely send a letter of intent. The only way to differentiate yourself from the other 5,000 students applying to the school who paid fees and took the time to fill out secondary essays is to actually iterate that you want to go there.

Or just realize its only mid August of a looooooooong app cycle

haha okay

I wasn't sure because on some of the school-specific threads, people already received interview invites to schools that I also applied to.

you should read through the entire No Interview Thread and do a good search for similar topics and you will get your answer on why you shouldn't freak out until november

Reactions: 1 users
Better start preparing for a life as a plumber

Reactions: 2 users
Hi,

I submitted my AMCAS application on the first day and completed all of my secodaries within a couple days but I have not yet received any interviews for any of the schools that I applied to (or any emails in general for that matter). Is it too early in the cycle for me to be worried? Also, would now be the time to send a letter of intent?

Did you get confirmation that your app was complete at the schools? Have your LORs been receieved? I'm asking because you said that you haven't gotten any emails in general, whereas many schools will send you an email confirming your app is complete.

Anyway, it really is not a big deal to have any interviews right now. It's very early in the cycle, hang tight. Those who have received II are in the minority.

Hi,

When you say you haven't gotten any emails, do you mean that you haven't gotten any complete emails? I know many schools don't do them, but if you haven't gotten complete emails from schools you applied to that send complete emails, this is actually a cause for concern. I'd check your portals to make sure your application is actually complete at the schools you applied to.

As far as not having interviews yet, the majority of applicants probably do not. It really is nothing to worry about. Some people who get accepted don't get their first interview invitation until December or January. It's really early in the process, so don't be concerned.

No emails in general? That seems sort of strange. Not even one "you're complete" email?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not. Schools have anywhere from 7-14000 apps to go over. Give them time to work their way down to pile to yours.

And someone sticky gonnif's post!!!

Hi,

Thanks for the responses everyone, this was reassuring!

Also, I should have phrased my original post better. I meant that I hadn't received and interview invite emails.

Be patient. You should have interviews by mid-October. If you still haven't any interviews at that point you may have a bad letter (very rare), a terrible essay (rare), a huge red flag (no clinical experience, an IA for academic dishonesty, no volunteerism), or you have applied to too few schools or too narrow a range of schools.

Last edited:
I'm surprised people are being so kind today. Usually when someone asks a question that is answered in several threads on the 1st page they're met with a great deal of hostility.

LOL - you are a troll right? It's august...

I'm surprised people are being so kind today. Usually when someone asks a question that is answered in several threads on the 1st page they're met with a great deal of hostility.
As they should. This forum has enough clutter and BS to go around. At least OP is established so at least I'd be inclined to give him a pass for now. Not the next time though :smuggrin:

Don't stress! I've given myself ulcers since July but finally calmed down. LizzyM 70.5 here (yes, I need to say the 0.5) and not worried anymore so you shouldn't be either. Best advice is to stay off this website but I'm clearly a hypocrite when I say that lol :)

Edit: I enjoy your username

Don't stress! I've given myself ulcers since July but finally calmed down. LizzyM 70.5 here (yes, I need to say the 0.5) and not worried anymore so you shouldn't be either. Best advice is to stay off this website but I'm clearly a hypocrite when I say that lol :)

Edit: I enjoy your username

At some point, I just don't have the energy to stress anymore. Any negative emotions experienced by this cycle is more like resigned sadness.