No interviews yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted922378

Is it bad to not have an interview in October? I haven’t even received one yet and I’m getting a little worried. I had everything submitted and sent in/verified by July 3rd. I’m seeing people with multiple interviews and it’s incredibly discouraging to have none.

I have a 3.76 GPA, 3.67 SGPA, 250+ hours of shadowing, and only about 40 or so hours of volunteer. I also did two semesters of being a microbiology lab assistant and assistant TA. I have my school's committee letter too if that means anything.

My DAT scores are:
PAT 21
QR 24
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 26
OC 21
TS 21
AA 22

I applied to:
All 3 Texas schools as a resident (they've been quiet to a lot of people too)
UNLV
Buffalo
UNE
Pitts
Temple
LECOM
Louisville

And recently added Tufts and NOVA a week or two ago.

What're my chances for a pre-december interview?

Members don't see this ad.

That's how arbitrary admissions is. You never know how they make decisions behind the closed doors.

I feel the same way, getting only two interviews while seeing others getting 10+.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to a LOT of schools and have only received 1 interview so far. I haven't heard a word from Tufts, Louisville, or LECOM (the schools we have in common). There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how this process works because I've seen people with great stats that are still waiting and I've seen people with average to maybe even below average stats get interviews at places I've applied to. Just gotta be patient and keep those fingers crossed. All it takes is one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo gave me the continuing review email. I haven't heard from Pitt, but apparently they have already sent rejection notices, so not hearing from them means not all hope is lost yet.

Just be patient. From looking at LECOM interview schedule calendar there are a lot of available dates in November so you have a good chance at getting an interview from me. Also make sure you check the portal! I didn't apply to those other schools so not sure about the others. Good luck!

I haven't gotten interviews from quite a few of those schools either.

Yet it is so weird to me that people who applied later and have lower stats are getting interviews. Really shows how much of a crapshoot this process is.

Reactions: 1 users