No interviews yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treasure_island

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I'm the only one in this forum who hasn't been invited for an interview. My sci gpa is 2.95 and overall 3.1, my DAT is AA 20, TS 20, PAT 17, OC 20, GC 23, Bio 19, QR 20, RC 17. I also applied to whole bunch of schools in mid july...but nothing yet, just letters telling me my file is complete.

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

treasure_island said:
I think I'm the only one in this forum who hasn't been invited for an interview. My sci gpa is 2.95 and overall 3.1, my DAT is AA 20, TS 20, PAT 17, OC 20, GC 23, Bio 19, QR 20, RC 17. I also applied to whole bunch of schools in mid july...but nothing yet, just letters telling me my file is complete.

at least your file is complete... one of my schools even lost my DAT score.... haha.. im on the same boat as you... no invites yet...

but chin up fellow sdner...

the people on sdn only represent a small fraction of this year's applicant...

and don't forget that only those who have gotten interviews have really posted stuff...

there are many other readers that don't say anything....

but also know that there are MANY other people like you and me~

how do u know for sure they don't represent this year's applicants? when i talk to ppl outside of sdn, their stats are just as high from my experience. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
treasure_island said:
how do u know for sure they don't represent this year's applicants? when i talk to ppl outside of sdn, their stats are just as high from my experience. :(

There is probably no way to really tell until the stats have come out.

Are last years statistics even posted yet?

dont worry guys, just be patient. After worrying for couple weeks, i finally received my first interview from Temple 3 days ago. Treasure_island my stats r similar to u with 2.97 science GPA, 3.04 overal and DAT: AA 20, Science 21, and PAT 15 :mad: . R u from UCI treasure_island?

treasure_island said:

Maybe it's a conservative conspiracy to keep liberals like yourself out of the upper tax bracket...

dentalpowers2 said:
dont worry guys, just be patient. After worrying for couple weeks, i finally received my first interview from Temple 3 days ago. Treasure_island my stats r similar to u with 2.97 science GPA, 3.04 overal and DAT: AA 20, Science 21, and PAT 15 :mad: . R u from UCI treasure_island?

yes, i am. r u?

RaiderNation said:
Maybe it's a conservative conspiracy to keep liberals like yourself out of the upper tax bracket...

yeah i know huh, they hate me cuz i'm liberal :rolleyes:

treasure_island said:

i'll add here. i haven't gotten interview invites just yet. but already a rejection letter. ahh! :eek:

treasure_island said:
yes, i am. r u?

yes iam from UCI too. I just noticed that there are 3 people here r from UCI (me, u and themarvinh) and all have pretty much the same GPA :)) damn uci tough

treasure_island said:

wow, its pretty wierd how we have a very very similar situation.

I have a 2.96 sci gpa and a 3.1 overall.
My DAT is AA: 22 PAT: 16

I got complete your file from NYU, TEMPLE.
However, i did get an interview from UMDNJ, my state school. I'm just praying that goes good. But I hear UMDNJ gives a lot of interviews.

I dunno, so far nothing, but I'm thinking I might have to apply AGAIN next year.

cuz that "SDN is just a fraction of applicants" is just clear b.s. seriously. I know a lot of people who are applying, and most are 3.3+ and 20-ish on DAT. It is scary. But hey thats life. I'm hoping maybe next year a better chance.

dentalpowers2 said:
yes iam from UCI too. I just noticed that there are 3 people here r from UCI (me, u and themarvinh) and all have pretty much the same GPA :)) damn uci tough

me too, same stats, UCI too! :( No interview invites either. Are you guys still at UCI, or did you graduate already?

ucizotzot is also on the board

lechristine said:
me too, same stats, UCI too! :( No interview invites either. Are you guys still at UCI, or did you graduate already?

I'm a fourth year now....hopefully the adcoms know that uci is pretty competitive in the bio department....

lifescool said:
i'll add here. i haven't gotten interview invites just yet. but already a rejection letter. ahh! :eek:

i got a rejection letter from arizona...i called them up politely to inquire why i didn't receive an interview, he said it was not because of my gpa or dat, since their avg admitted stats aren't too high anyway; they look at the overall picture...i guess they want certain types of ppl in their program.

dentalpowers2 said:

I love UCI--I took some classes at UCI the last two summers. If UCI had a dental school, it would be my top choice.

BTW, the only interview invite I have received is from Boston, which I already declined. My roommate said that what if I rejected the only school that offered me an invite. That's scary since I haven't heard from any school since Boston.

dentalpowers2 said:

im from uci too~

oh.. and to dentwannabe and treasure_island... you guys are seriously overanalyzing what i said about sdn only representing a fraction of this year's applicants... i didn't mean that there is only a small number of applicants with great gpa's and dat scores...

i was just trying to encourage treasure_island... maybe to be a bit more optimistic about this situation....

but honestly speaking how can sdn represent all of this year's applicants... if there are that many people applying with 4.0 gpas and 25+ on their dat's... then there must be that many people applying from the other end of the extreme but just aren't posting stuff of sdn... most likely cuz they feel embarrassed/insecure about their numbers..

but if it makes you guys happy... my statement was not based on anything... just stretching the truth a bit to encourage myself, treasure_island, and others in the same situation...

we cool?

treasure_island said:

dude, we're in same boat..but at least ur file is complete ..mine is not yet..i'm the unluckiest person ever.....
i already prepare myself for rejection letters......i don't know what to do seeing all these people getting interview but me..

miravyn said:
I love UCI--I took some classes at UCI the last two summers. If UCI had a dental school, it would be my top choice.

BTW, the only interview invite I have received is from Boston, which I already declined. My roommate said that what if I rejected the only school that offered me an invite. That's scary since I haven't heard from any school since Boston.

I don't think you should worry much. You should hear from UCSF and Columbia very soon. I was invited last week. USC and UCLA haven't even started interviewing applicants. UCLA hasn't even received my AADSAS application. I was told my application was probably in a box somewhere in the admissions office. :laugh: :laugh:

Anteater Alum here... im now doing a post-bac at UCSF.. as far as I know, your GPA is midrange and ur DAT's are in the upper bracket so you shouldn't worry too much. Word of advice, UCSF loves community service, so do that if you don't have much of it.

One reason for lack of interviews may be the shear number of applicants this year. I was at Creighton this past week and was told that they have 3000+ applicants for Fall 2006. There is more competition this year than ever before which means it takes longer to sort through the pile and select who fits the program.

Good luck.