• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

No interviews yet

krandhawa

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
    I applied around end of september and have not recieved any interview letters yet. Should I be worried? :(

Schools applied to: Baylor, San Antonio, Houston, Michigan,Florida, boston,columbia,washinton
    DAT: AA 19,TS 18 ,Perceptual: 18. ( r these good enough)

DentalNerd

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 26, 2005
    1. Pre-Dental
      krandhawa said:
      I applied around end of september and have not recieved any interview letters yet. Should I be worried? :(

Schools applied to: Baylor, San Antonio, Houston, Michigan,Florida, boston,columbia,washinton

You applied to mostly State Schools. Where are you a resident....I'm guessing Texas?

Applying to more Private Schools wouldn't be a bad idea, although it's most likely too late this cycle. It's very difficult to get accepted to State schools as a non-resident unless you have competitive stats. Michigan, Florida, Columbia, Washington all have high DAT averages. Boston is a little lower but still competitive. The ADEA publishes a book with the stats. There's also a link on SDN to the 04 cycle stats. I'm sure you can find it by doing a search.

DentalNerd

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 26, 2005
      1. Pre-Dental
        krandhawa said:

Here's the file from a past SND thread....

Attachments

• attachment.pdf
          48.1 KB · Views: 274
        About the Ads

pOiiMiiOq

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Nov 25, 2005
        1. Pre-Dental
          krandhawa said:
          I am Texas Resident.

Thank you for the information. I have my fingers crossed and hope i get in somewhere.
          good luck! i also have my toes crossed too...i dun know if that helps...but anything is worth doing right now, if hope still glitters around. With your stats...you'll get in somewhere. =) just be patient.

Audio

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Mar 7, 2005
          Toronto
            tinman831 said:
            What's your gpa?

Ding ding ding...we have a winner. What's the point of telling us your DAT without your GPA. At least give us that much if you want some real answers. Plus, even with a GPA and a DAT score, no one can assess your application because there's more to it than grades.

pOiiMiiOq

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Nov 25, 2005
            1. Pre-Dental
              Audio said:
              Ding ding ding...we have a winner. What's the point of telling us your DAT without your GPA. At least give us that much if you want some real answers. Plus, even with a GPA and a DAT score, no one can assess your application because there's more to it than grades.
              i want to be a part of adcoms one day...maybe a years from now...but one day...just so i can see how they do their jobs there. :D

Audio

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Mar 7, 2005
              Toronto
                pOiiMiiOq said:
                i want to be a part of adcoms one day...maybe a years from now...but one day...just so i can see how they do their jobs there. :D

I agree. I know if I was part of an adcom, I wouldn't just focus on grades. I'd want students who are really easy going, not just brains. I think most people on SDN are pretty cool (although some people here stress out too much!) :D

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.