krandhawa

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
Status
I applied around end of september and have not recieved any interview letters yet. Should I be worried? :(

Schools applied to: Baylor, San Antonio, Houston, Michigan,Florida, boston,columbia,washinton
DAT: AA 19,TS 18 ,Perceptual: 18. ( r these good enough)

DentalNerd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
krandhawa said:
I applied around end of september and have not recieved any interview letters yet. Should I be worried? :(

Schools applied to: Baylor, San Antonio, Houston, Michigan,Florida, boston,columbia,washinton
You applied to mostly State Schools. Where are you a resident....I'm guessing Texas?

Applying to more Private Schools wouldn't be a bad idea, although it's most likely too late this cycle. It's very difficult to get accepted to State schools as a non-resident unless you have competitive stats. Michigan, Florida, Columbia, Washington all have high DAT averages. Boston is a little lower but still competitive. The ADEA publishes a book with the stats. There's also a link on SDN to the 04 cycle stats. I'm sure you can find it by doing a search.

DentalNerd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
krandhawa said:

Here's the file from a past SND thread....

Attachments

About the Ads

iviikoivi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
i applied back in july and so far ive only heard from one out of six schools

just be patient and make sure schools have all ur stuff

krandhawa

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
Status
I am Texas Resident.

Thank you for the information. I have my fingers crossed and hope i get in somewhere.

pOiiMiiOq

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
krandhawa said:
I am Texas Resident.

Thank you for the information. I have my fingers crossed and hope i get in somewhere.
good luck! i also have my toes crossed too...i dun know if that helps...but anything is worth doing right now, if hope still glitters around. With your stats...you'll get in somewhere. =) just be patient.

Audio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Toronto
Status
tinman831 said:
What's your gpa?

Ding ding ding...we have a winner. What's the point of telling us your DAT without your GPA. At least give us that much if you want some real answers. Plus, even with a GPA and a DAT score, no one can assess your application because there's more to it than grades.

pOiiMiiOq

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Audio said:
Ding ding ding...we have a winner. What's the point of telling us your DAT without your GPA. At least give us that much if you want some real answers. Plus, even with a GPA and a DAT score, no one can assess your application because there's more to it than grades.
i want to be a part of adcoms one day...maybe a years from now...but one day...just so i can see how they do their jobs there. :D

Audio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Toronto
Status
pOiiMiiOq said:
i want to be a part of adcoms one day...maybe a years from now...but one day...just so i can see how they do their jobs there. :D

I agree. I know if I was part of an adcom, I wouldn't just focus on grades. I'd want students who are really easy going, not just brains. I think most people on SDN are pretty cool (although some people here stress out too much!) :D

About the Ads