No interviews yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thimsmits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have nothing.

I applied May 22, but my school took forever to send in my LORs, so AADSAS didnt send them out until 8-27. Therefore, many schools didn't acknowledge my application being complete until a few weeks ago.

Low GPA @ 3.05/3.18 at an Ivy.
DAT scores at 19/18/19.

I have good dental experience, community service, and I was a D-1 athlete.
I graduated in '06 and spent much time sub teaching, traveling, and a bit of dental experience.

I have not gotten a single interview and one rejection from Case.

I applied to 16 schools.

Do you think I will make it in this year?

Members don't see this ad.

p.s. I am a California resident

Keep your head up bro! With all the schools you applied to i'm sure you'll here back for an interview from at least one! Kill that interview and you're good to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
My numbers are similar to yours. I haven't even received a rejection letter from any of the 25 schools that I applied to, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

I still have nothing.

I applied May 22, but my school took forever to send in my LORs, so AADSAS didnt send them out until 8-27. Therefore, many schools didn't acknowledge my application being complete until a few weeks ago.

Low GPA @ 3.05/3.18 at an Ivy.
DAT scores at 19/18/19.

I have good dental experience, community service, and I was a D-1 athlete.
I graduated in '06 and spent much time sub teaching, traveling, and a bit of dental experience.

I have not gotten a single interview and one rejection from Case.

I applied to 16 schools.

Do you think I will make it in this year?

I'm pretty sure that u'll get at least two or three out of 16 with your stats. Keep your head up

I finished my AADSAS application the 1st week of June. All my LOR were submitted in Aug. I also have ZERO interviews.

My stats are similar: cum 3.1, sci 3.0, DAT 21/21/21. I'm a non-traditional with three degrees, my most recent was June '07 B.S. Bio from Northwestern (gpa 3.3). I was a slacker during my 1st degree (B.S. Mech Eng from Ohio State in 1997, gpa 2.9). The classes that I took during my post-baccs didn't move the cum gpa up enough...

From looking at predents.com, it looks like over 90% of the people getting interviews have gpa's of over 3.5.

From the conversations that I had ADCOMS, my gpa is a huge boat anchor. They don't seem to care that my slacker years was 10 years ago. I really don't know how much a strong DAT can make up for a gpa in the low 3's.

Don't lose hope. It's still early to get notification. Sometimes schools take their time in notifying you.

I'm in a very similar situation: 3.19/3.30Sci; 18/19/22 and went to West Point. No interviews and one rejection from Indiana (applied to 18 schools). I wonder if they just look at GPA and DAT and if its not at least 3.5 and a 20 its time to move on to the next app regardless of extra ciriculars or experience.

Same boat as you.

3.2/3.14
20/19/18
AADSAS submitted on July 7, but a late letter sent out in the beginning of August.

Applied to like 20 schools and have heard nothing. Only a rejection from Loma Linda.

I submitted my app late May and just got my first interview. Don't worry, they'll come.