no interviews yet :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileurdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got one rejection from MWU-Illinois and no interviews so far
I have weakness in my science gpa for some special conditions which I explained in my application with 20 AA and 20 TS

I am not giving up but we have one month left till dec, 1 which is making me so worried

this is my first application and from what I am seeing here in SDN it sounds like there is very little chance for post dec interviews to get accepted (in case I will get interview then)!!

Members don't see this ad.

Join the club.

I think if we will be receiving invites, they will be post-December.

How many schools did you apply to and where did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am experiencing the same thing from all of the schools I applied to. I sentimentally feel you pain. Trust me

What are your stats and what batch are you in?

You also have a pretty good list of schools that are within your DAT score zone...do not worry too much...

this is my first application and from what I am seeing here in SDN it sounds like there is very little chance for post dec interviews to get accepted (in case I will get interview then)!!

That simply is not true! The majority of acceptances will go out AFTER Dec 1. I know pre-dents typically think the world is over by Dec 1, but that is not the case.

Keep your head up!

Just hang in there. This is my 4th year applying to dental schools and I have a pretty low sGPA and DAT scores lower than yours. Last year I got an interview at Creighton (after applying to them 3 years in a row) as well as Marquette, but this will be my third year in a row interviewing at Marquette (I am in state however so that helps my cause). This is by no means meant to discourage you, but more of a "keep your head up" type thing. It really sucks and believe me I know the feeling, but even if you don't get any interviews this year and you keep improving your GPA by the time you apply again next year, your chances of getting interviews are only going to get better.

That simply is not true! The majority of acceptances will go out AFTER Dec 1. I know pre-dents typically think the world is over by Dec 1, but that is not the case.

Keep your head up!

yes you are right that most MAJORITY of acceptances will be after Dec. 1st, they will be on the third but MAJORITY of all acceptances will be for pre-dec. interviews, not post. Your chances are significantly less with a post-dec at MAJORITY of the schools.

yes you are right that most MAJORITY of acceptances will be after Dec. 1st, they will be on the third but MAJORITY of all acceptances will be for pre-dec. interviews, not post. Your chances are significantly less with a post-dec at MAJORITY of the schools.

Is there data from this? I was just speaking from my personal experience and my school's admissions process. :X

Is there data from this? I was just speaking from my personal experience and my school's admissions process. :X

I think it is a safe assumption without citing sources, that your chances are significantly less. Even if you only base it on that they have given away lots of spots already. You know they always say: the earlier the better.

I did not mean that the majority will get accepted before December (schools are not allowed to announce the names before Dec).. but I mean the biggest majority of students will be from those who got interviewed pre-dec (which I think makes sense)

This thread is so depressing. I still did not land a single interview and a lot of schools are already scheduling invites for February. I am hoping and praying to get an invite SOMEWHERE and ANYWHERE.

Any news from anyone in this thread? I'm in the same boat... looking at 1 yr masters for next fall just in case!

Did you all apply late in the process? I know they say they give out the interviews as the applications come in, so if you were late in the process they may not have had the opportunity to get to yours yet.

Did you all apply late in the process? I know they say they give out the interviews as the applications come in, so if you were late in the process they may not have had the opportunity to get to yours yet.
+1
I'm just now getting emails from a majority of schools saying my app is being sent to committee for review. DAT was taken 9/20 and verified ~10/20 meaning schools are now getting around to my app... fingers crossed for some interviews. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in this thread as well!

This is my true story.

3 attempts of dental applications,
while 2 wait-listed consecutive years at USC dental school--> both years turned down..
4 DAT attempts, and my last one was 21 AA/21 TS/ 24 PAT (16 RC). Worse than most of you. When I applied to retake DAT for 4th time, I was literally asked by ADA person to send them a rejection letter from dental school I applied and I was told not to take again for 1 full year. I was very unhappy.
International Student Status; English is not my first language.
Applied over 20+ dental schools each time. $$ gone..

2 extra years of research at lab after college graduation + 12 additional courses taken in my undergrat after bachelor's degree + Current ongoing Master's program.....
Over 100+ hrs of 2 shadowing dentists (one of dentists kicked me out because I was shadowing her too much?) + Student Health Org activities + Panama oral care volunteering experiences + Midwestern simulation course etc.

This cycle is my 4th time. CDMI finally knows who I am. The future dentist.

It took me almost 4 years. I am not trying to discourage you but I am just letting you know my message: Do NOT give up guys. If you REALLY want it, you will achieve it. Good luck!

Last edited:
This is my true story.

3 attempts of dental applications,
while 2 wait-listed consecutive years at USC dental school--> both years turned down..
4 DAT attempts, and my last one was 21 AA/21 TS/ 24 PAT (16 RC). Worse than most of you. When I applied to retake DAT for 4th time, I was literally asked by ADA person to send them a rejection letter from dental school I applied and I was told not to take again for 1 full year. I was very unhappy.
International Student Status; English is not my first language.
Applied over 20+ dental schools each time. $$ gone..

2 extra years of research at lab after college graduation + 12 additional courses taken in my undergrat after bachelor's degree + Current ongoing Master's program.....
Over 100+ hrs of 2 shadowing dentists (one of dentists kicked me out because I was shadowing her too much?) + Student Health Org activities + Panama oral care volunteering experiences + Midwestern simulation course etc.

This cycle is my 4th time. CDMI finally knows who I am. The future dentist.

It took me almost 4 years. I am not trying to discourage you but I am just letting you know my message: Do NOT give up guys. If you REALLY want it, you will achieve it. Good luck!

wow that is some truly amazing dedication, hats off to you!:thumbup: