No Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmyers

Reaction score
My application went through mid August because I took the DAT on Aug 10. I was hoping to get post Dec interviews but haven’t heard anything from any of the 11 schools I applied to.
I just really want to hear from Penn, my top choice. I heard they give plenty of post Dec interviews but it’s just scary not hearing since we are into January already.
Anyone in the same boat?

oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3
23AA. 22TS. 30 Reading. 22 QR. 22 PAT.

Members don't see this ad.

My application went through mid August because I took the DAT on Aug 10. I was hoping to get post Dec interviews but haven’t heard anything from any of the 11 schools I applied to.
I just really want to hear from Penn, my top choice. I heard they give plenty of post Dec interviews but it’s just scary not hearing since we are into January already.
Anyone in the same boat?

oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3

I'm sort of in same boat but I'm Canadian and only applied to top tier schools (Harvard, UMichigan, UPenn etc). No interviews at any american schools so far which sucks :(

You have a low GPA and applied late. Not sure what you’re looking for from SDN but all you can do is wait. If your list wasn’t too too heavy you should get in somewhere. Might not be an ivy or a cheap school but your stats will get you in somewhere.

@IcyFox when did you apply? If my memory serves me correctly you have good grades and a 25aa. Did you submit late or get bad LORs? Apply to schools biased against Canadians?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in the same boat?

oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3
Grades and DAT are one thing, whats your volunteering, shadowing and other important portions of your application like? You did apply somewhat late, but it could be something else in your application keeping you out

You have a low GPA and applied late. Not sure what you’re looking for from SDN but all you can do is wait. If your list wasn’t too too heavy you should get in somewhere. Might not be an ivy or a cheap school but your stats will get you in somewhere.

I don't think he applied late. Mid august was a perfectly good time to submit.

If you only applied to ivy league or top schools then that might be the issue. What is your background?

Reactions: 1 user
I just kind of wanted to see how many people either were in the same boat or have a similar story of getting in with these later interviews. I have a different circumstance with Penn because I was in an accelerated program with them before, so that’s why it is my top choice.

This is what you said earlier: effect on chances applying late (oct) vs early(June) to dental schools?

Taking the DAT mid-August was late (I did that last cycle), because it takes time for it to become official (2-4 weeks). So schools would've only received the app sometime in September, then send out their secondaries, then review the entire app and then they went on break....etc.

OP, it depends on what your school list was and what other things you had on your app. Did you have an upward trend in your GPA? Do you have a good amount of shadowing hours? Do you think your LORs were strong? etc. These all play a role in receiving interviews.

I just kind of wanted to see how many people either were in the same boat or have a similar story of getting in with these later interviews. I have a different circumstance with Penn because I was in an accelerated program with them before, so that’s why it is my top choice.
If you want know about Penn specifically, it's best to look through/ask in the current cycle's thread and look through last cycle's to see how the rest of the cycle played out last year.

Reactions: 4 users

If you only applied to ivy league or top schools then that might be the issue. What is your background?

August is late, please stop spreading misinformation. The pre dental advisor at my university stated that students who applied in August had a 20% chance of being admitted regardless of stats and that 94% of people with a 3.4 and 19 got in somewhere if they applied in June.

August is late, please stop spreading misinformation. The pre dental advisor at my university stated that students who applied in August had a 20% chance of being admitted regardless of stats and that 94% of people with a 3.4 and 19 got in somewhere if they applied in June.

Why is that late? What information does your advisor have that the rest don't? Just because your advisor states something doesn't mean it's fact. Plenty of people apply around that time with those stats and find placement.

Reactions: 4 users
94% my ass

Reactions: 5 users
Why is that late? What information does your advisor have that the rest don't? Just because your advisor states something doesn't mean it's fact. Plenty of people apply around that time with those stats and find placement.

"Plenty" of people apply in November and find placement. It is late if you have a top choice you want. Before applying I talked to Colorado and they stressed that I should apply early in June and that August and later is late. They even stressed that their number of applications last year increased by a large number that next year they will most likely push up their deadline to September.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I mean nearly everyone from my school fills out the app ahead of time through our pre professional school advising portal. They have the stats. See my link above.

"The AGGIE Advantage" LOOOOOOOL.

Sorry not offense, that just sounded funny

What is ACCT? Accounting? High overall gpa and science GPA? ..and DAT? Damnnn
Yeah aggies are pretty corny. Gig’em Whoop! Yes that is accounting

That one school.

I’m sure it’s pretty similar at most big state schools definitely all the reputable TX ones, but please be salty.

Yeah aggies are pretty corny. Gig’em Whoop! Yes that is accounting

I’m sure it’s pretty similar at most big state schools definitely all the reputable TX ones, but please be salty.
You made it sound like ALL APPLICANTS with a 3.4 and 19 that applied to dental school in june have a 94% of acceptance, which is bs.

I think you have a brighter future in statistic then dentistry, might want to reconsider dude

Ok well hope everything goes well for you my guy. Let's stop trading insults and bring the thread back to the original topic.

As a Texas resident, these are our statistics. I know it doesn’t apply EVERY WHERE, but I’m sure that most schools follow the time line. It’s just a disadvantage to apply later on in the cycle than it is earlier, and stats prove this!

Attachments

• F7A1C51B-731B-4AC5-9C03-45042E912D82.png
    F7A1C51B-731B-4AC5-9C03-45042E912D82.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 738C0EF7-AA13-462F-A602-18A9341E18EA.png
    738C0EF7-AA13-462F-A602-18A9341E18EA.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 107
I wish these SDN names and posts reflected towards their applications. They would truly improve their chances at acceptances with these amazing personality traits.

@IcyFox when did you apply? If my memory serves me correctly you have good grades and a 25aa. Did you submit late or get bad LORs? Apply to schools biased against Canadians?

I'm assuming it's because I applied in November. I wasn't planning on applying to american schools because it's too expensive but I changed my mind after meeting my girlfriend in Chicago a couple months ago.

As a Texas resident, these are our statistics. I know it doesn’t apply EVERY WHERE, but I’m sure that most schools follow the time line. It’s just a disadvantage to apply later on in the cycle than it is earlier, and stats prove this!

This is irrelevant. Texas is completely different. TMDSAS opens on May 1 with the deadline being October 1. AADSAS opens on June 15 with most deadlines being December 1. Notice how the applications opens a whole month late and closes 2 months past October.
Also note Texas is HEAVILY instate like ~95%.

Don't compare TMDSAS stats to all other schools.