no interviews :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ViviPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
kinda sad...no interviews yet :( :( just venting the stress!

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are fantastic! Don't worry. You probably applied to schools that take their time sending out invites.

holy stats. WTF should have gotten one from Columbia and UCLA and PENN

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get one w/o question. Don't worry, they'll start ROLLING in within the next month. Seriously...

kinda sad...no interviews yet :( :( just venting the stress!

Urghh...I only have one so I suppose I shouldn't be feeling this bad but I was in the first batch (I did turn in my secondaries a couple weeks late because of the DAT and classes).

Hang in there, you'll definitely get some.

Girl, with your stats you'll get into all the schools you applied! what school wouldn't want you!? have fun with multiple acceptances very soon ;)

Just wait until you get accepted Dec 1st and have to wait 9 months for school to start. Thats a long haul too.

thanks everybody!
my mailing date was 7/22....so maybe i should just be patient.....it's just so tough to watch people getting interviews when you have zero!

ViviPreDent, I am in your shoes as well. Sooooo stressed :( Let's vent together, shall we?

And the thing is, I was in the first batch.

OP, what will you do if you don't get in this cycle? Just curious...

OP, Looking at your credentials, you have enough hardware to gain acceptance anywhere. Do not worry at all.

OP, Looking at your credentials, you have enough hardware to gain acceptance anywhere. Do not worry at all.
That is a strong statement. OP, you must have two sets of balls if you are telling the truth on predents. Only four schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a strong statement. OP, you must have two sets of balls if you are telling the truth on predents. Only four schools?

i'm only 21.....going into my senior year.....i figured if i don't get in this year, i will regroup and make my app stronger for next year. gunning for it though

i'm only 21.....going into my senior year.....i figured if i don't get in this year, i will regroup and make my app stronger for next year. gunning for it though
:laugh: Good luck!

OP, what's your take on applying to numerous schools including several "safeties" to ensure acceptance?

Edit: why not Harvard? just wondering, as always...

Last edited:
invictusx,

What's your take on applying to numerous schools including several "safeties" to ensure acceptance?

ViviPreDent said:
not sure what you're trying to accomplish my criticizing my personal choices, but i'm serious about attending a certain caliber of school...in addition, i literally do not have the money to apply to more schools than that...if you would like to post/message something in a non-arrogant/patronizing manner, i would be happy to take your opinion into consideration.

I see. I was merely bewildered since you didn't seem to have several safety schools, even with you above average credentials. That is all haha. :)

invictusx,

What's your take on applying to numerous schools including several "safeties" to ensure acceptance?

The question is, if anyone is willing to take the hit (ie YEAR OFF) if for some unknown reason you don't get in this cycle... unlucky, botched interview, etc etc.

Vivi is cool with it.
I'm already taking 2 years off so I can't afford anymore :(

And invictusx is still young ;)

i feel your pain...nothing yet for me...and i was in the second batch...this thing is killing me...and SDN doesnt not help :confused::scared:

invictusx,

I think it's important to ensure "safeties" but only those that you are interested in attending. Also, I have to second ViviPreDent's comment about attending a certain caliber of school; however, it isn't the deciding factor for me.

I see. I was merely bewildered since you didn't seem to have several safety schools, even with you above average credentials. That is all haha. :)

The time will come for ViviPreDent. I don't see why ViviPreDent would NOT get one.

The question is, if anyone is willing to take the hit (ie YEAR OFF) if for some unknown reason you don't get in this cycle... unlucky, botched interview, etc etc.

Vivi is cool with it.
I'm already taking 2 years off so I can't afford anymore :(

And invictusx is still young ;) you would know, JOoa0ky

Ahh, I have no idea... The advisers at my school said to not retake it because my science score was so high. But.. I have to wait and see... There are several reasons for my RC score but I will spare you the details!

ViviPreDent said:
in addition, i literally do not have the money to apply to more schools than that...
Nonetheless, I'm presuming that you've figured out how to cover the colossal cost of dental school? just trying to give you a "constructive criticism" here

invictusx said:
I think it's important to ensure "safeties" but only those that you are interested in attending.
I disagree. I think if your goal is becoming A dentist, then a "fit" should be a secondary factor. Hence you should include some schools that might accept you but not necessarily the best fit for you. But I respect your opinion, which is like a belly. Everyone has one.

I disagree. I think if your goal is becoming A dentist, then a "fit" should be a secondary factor. But I respect your opinion, which is like a belly. Everyone has one.

Sure thing, but my interests will decide whether or not the school is a "fit" for me. Also, I typically want to attend a school in the state where I want to practice.

I disagree. I think if your goal is becoming A dentist, then a "fit" should be a secondary factor. Hence you should include some schools that might accept you but not necessarily the best fit for you. But I respect your opinion, which is like a belly. Everyone has one.

A little confusing there...

yeah i completely understand the bewilderment....i've gotten more than one WTF moment from fellow applicants. i guess i am just rolling with my art major side in the thinking that you need to take a strong idea and go with it 150 percent to make it your own.

:)

Nonetheless, I'm presuming that you've figured out how to cover the colossal cost of dental school? just trying to give you a "constructive criticism" here

loans! i really don't mind living well below my means for a few years to have paid off the most important investment of my life :)

yeah i completely understand the bewilderment....i've gotten more than one WTF moment from fellow applicants. i guess i am just rolling with my art major side in the thinking that you need to take a strong idea and go with it 150 percent to make it your own.

:)

Yeah... one of those is from me!

Nonetheless... we all choose what we think is the best route for ourselves!

A little confusing there...

My point was no matter what your academic stats are, you should apply broadly including multiple schools that will most likely accept you, even if they may not be of your interest. But I guess if your goal is not solely becoming a dentist, must attend a certain institution, willing to take a possible gap year, by all means don't include any safety schools. Ultimately the choice is up to you.

threads like these make me happy that i accepted my only school offer instead of reapplying for another whole year, it reminds of how much it totally sucked waiting for a call that was never guranteed to come.

also, i started dschool 3 weeks ago and its awesome. take it from me, even if you get accepted to one school, GO!

threads like these make me happy that i accepted my only school offer instead of reapplying for another whole year, it reminds of how much it totally sucked waiting for a call that was never guranteed to come.

also, i started dschool 3 weeks ago and its awesome. take it from me, even if you get accepted to one school, GO!

I can imagine. I will be extraordinarily happy to attend any of the schools I applied to, which genuinely is why I applied to them.

Good luck with dental school!

I can imagine. I will be extraordinarily happy to attend any of the schools I applied to, which genuinely is why I applied to them.

Good luck with dental school!

EXACTLY!
i don't see the point in applying to schools i would not be happy attending :)

If you wanted some early interviews for confidence you shoulda applied to more back up schools. Applying to only 4 schools is something you do in High School EVEN with your stats (I know I only applied to two UC's for undergrad lol). I got my interviews for VCU and BU pretty early with my stats even though I ultimately didn't go to the interview since I decided to stay in Cali, It's always nice to have options. But seems like stats are no problem for you and as long as you had a good personal statements I'm sure you'll get an interview at one of these places. Just make sure you nail the Interview cause I'm sure when they see high stats like these they pay even closer attention to make sure your not some crazy anti social no life, especially at the top schools like UCLA and Columbia.

If you wanted some early interviews for confidence you shoulda applied to more back up schools. Applying to only 4 schools is something you do in High School EVEN with your stats (I know I only applied to two UC's for undergrad lol). I got my interviews for VCU and BU pretty early with my stats even though I ultimately didn't go to the interview since I decided to stay in Cali, It's always nice to have options. But seems like stats are no problem for you and as long as you had a good personal statements I'm sure you'll get an interview at one of these places. Just make sure you nail the Interview cause I'm sure when they see high stats like these they pay even closer attention to make sure your not some crazy anti social no life, especially at the top schools like UCLA and Columbia.

yeah the issue with number of schools right now is money...not sheer stupidity lol....but i hear you on the importance of the interview. i'm not worried though,i'm really not your typically science nerd, hence the double major in studio art. i like to talk and socialize! haha

yeah the issue with number of schools right now is money...not sheer stupidity lol....but i hear you on the importance of the interview. i'm not worried though,i'm really not your typically science nerd, hence the double major in studio art. i like to talk and socialize! haha
Carrying a messenger bag or rucksack and some sort of sketch pad with drawing utensil, wearing ripped jeans and converses, blasting emo/indie music, and green or blue hair are big no no's for a dental school interview! Just a friendly head's up from a science major! :D

Carrying a messenger bag or rucksack and some sort of sketch pad with drawing utensil, wearing ripped jeans and converses, blasting emo/indie music, and green or blue hair are big no no's for a dental school interview! Just a friendly head's up from a science major! :D

i'm not like that either...i'm just a normal girl i swear...lol. thanks for the heads up though, i was planning on creepily sketching my interviewers at PENN on september 23rd!!!!! ahhhnfeuqfeqnfjrlerjfneklbfjks so excited!

i'm not like that either...i'm just a normal girl i swear...lol. thanks for the heads up though, i was planning on creepily sketching my interviewers at PENN on september 23rd!!!!! ahhhnfeuqfeqnfjrlerjfneklbfjks so excited!
Wow....I'll see you there.

jk.

Anyway, interview != acceptance. I must admit though. That was a huge slap in the face.

Wow....I'll see you there.

jk.

Anyway, interview != acceptance. I must admit though. That was a huge slap in the face.

as if the :laugh::laugh::laugh: on this thread wasn't?

in all seriousness though, good luck in your future endeavors. idk where you're applying, etc. but you seem like a wise, prepared person.

as if the :laugh::laugh::laugh: on this thread wasn't?

in all seriousness though, good luck in your future endeavors. idk where you're applying, etc. but you seem like a wise, prepared person.

If he's my classmate in the future, I'd drive him nuts! Ho Ho Ho

But I digress, close this thread as it's no longer valid!

If he's my classmate in the future, I'd drive him nuts! Ho Ho Ho

But I digress, close this thread as it's no longer valid!

if he's my classmate in the future......goooood. god. but anyways, yeah thank god. a lot of people are maaaad stressing about multiple interviews....i'm just thankful i have one and can kick back a little bit and maybe even enjoy my summer! :)

Haha vivipredent, look for a guy on a black suit, red tie, and an aura of confidence on 23rd! That'd most likely be me.

Haha vivipredent, look for a guy on a black suit, red tie, and an aura of confidence on 23rd! That'd most likely be me.

or you could look for a weird girl with a messenger bag and a sketchbook. that'd be me

Maybe I'll just wear a name tag of "mc719"

has anyone got an interview invitation from njds????