No Joke: Physics on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellon977

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have my Kaplan online courses available that I log on to study with and I just logged on and in my syllabus of subjects there use to be a tab for PAT I and PAT II. Now they are replaced with tabs named PAT I/PHYSICS I and PAT I/PHYSICS II!! I understand that sometimes OAT test takers may have similar syllabi but they don't take the PAT. Luckily I'm taking the DAT soon but that would be crazy to have physics as another subject to study for. Let's hope I'm lookin at a computer error. I'll log on again tomorrow and let you know if it's still there...

Members don't see this ad.

Offense not taken but I've been using my online courses since I joined in Feb and those tabs were not labeled in that way. What i was trying to relay was that it may be a new subject after the 2007 application cycle

mellon977 said:
Offense not taken but I've been using my online courses since I joined in Feb and those tabs were not labeled in that way. What i was trying to relay was that it may be a new subject after the 2007 application cycle

I doubt this to be true.. We would have heard of this from a primary source such as the ADA or the DAT website itself rather than Kaplan if this were the case. Additionally, we would know the same time as Kaplan, as there would be no reason for them to have the inside track on this information.

What may be confusing you is that Kaplan teaches the DAT as well as the OAT and treats both of them as being the same except for the OAT having physics and the DAT having the PAT instead.

I would say that these are entirely different tests with different focuses, but this is the way Kaplan runs the classes, often with DAT and OAT students sharing classes except for those pertaining to the above-mentioned sections. The online syllabus may reflect this overlap as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I was contacted yesterday to clarify that it was a typo on their part so I apologize. You are correct Burton...My apologies

This thread should be closed/removed from viewing to avoid confusion.

Making me have a heart attack is not a fair way to increase your chances of getting into dental school :p

lgreen_aci said:
This thread should be closed/removed from viewing to avoid confusion.

Making me have a heart attack is not a fair way to increase your chances of getting into dental school :p

HAHA.

Well, I wouldn't doubt that at some point Physics will start being tested on the DAT. Sooner or later, the admissions folks are going to want to increase the requirements in order to weed out those truly not interested in pursuing dentistry. Whether it's adding biochem as a pre-req to most schools or making the DAT more elaborate...it will be done. MUAHAHAHA.

Don't freak us out like this!!!!! You almost gave me a stroke!!

I'd rather be a half female half male stripper if Physics is on it. :rolleyes:

Physics? :lol:

omg...ok ok im going have to demyth this for all you people

kaplan classroom classes group their DAT and OAT classes together. the only time they separate into different section is when the DAT people are studying PAT and the OAT people are studying PHYSICS. so our course book and test says DAT/OAT on it...that makes it cheaper for kaplan not to print two different books. thats why when you go online it says PAT/PHYSICS. so if you are in DAT you will PAT and if you are in OAT you will have physics

No physics. or even if there was, it might have been a question that is worded with physic terms but actually does not require any specific knowledge on the subject.

I took the DAT almost two weeks ago, and there was NO PHYSICS.