No more consolidation benefits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EvilNewbie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I cannot find one lender that is willing to consolidate and offer interest rate reductions... anyone find a lender?
 
Medicalschoolloans.com (I think that's the address) may. Otherwise, most lenders have done away with their consolidation benefits. Really, as far as I can tell, the only benefit is to stretch your payments out.
 
I guess I won't consolidate then since I can consolidate my loans at any point in time of my loan's life. There is no point in consolidating when there is no interest rate reduction. I wonder if everyone knows this? If you consolidate now, you lose any future changes when they bring back benefits for consolidation which is what I am going to be on. Consolidation helps the company make money, if they don't want it then too bad for them.