No motivation to study or do any thing else for that matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suigeneris86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you sought out a physician to seeif there's an underlying cause? What you're describing sounds a bit like possible mild depression, and then the need for an adrenaline kick to get going.

It's just a thought......also are you getting sleep, rest, good food, a simplle good multivitamin? I know that school sticks those things as a secondary thought for most of us, and I'm not in medical school yet.

How about exercise?

Maybe you need a change of scenery where you study? I left my campus housing the other night and went to the library, it changed my outlook immensely.

u need a relationship or friend with benefit

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds to me like a case where parents have decide your route until you got in med, then the support just disappeared - leaving confusion and emptiness. :pj/k-only my assumption. But besides seeing a physician, you could always talk this out with close friends or family. Start by making short term goals that's easily achieved giving you sense of satisfaction and then move on to see if you can imagine yourself doing something else in a long term sense.

I don't have advice, so much as just some support. You are not alone.

MS1 here with little motivation to work harder than I am. Consistently a B student, but progressively working less and less each test. I'm content with my grades, but it does make me feel pretty guilty when I don't pick up the books. Not sure what to do about it, except hope that I have better motivation in year 2.

However, unlike you, I do enjoy other things outside of studying. Have a variety of hobbies, a sweet girlfriend, and an xbox... more than enough things to distract me.

You guys just sound like normal human beings to me. Work when necessary, kinda laid back in general, don't stress until need to, etc. Sounds like just about every single one of my good friends. Personally ... I wouldn't be freaking out. I also wouldn't needlessly compare yourself to other people all the time. I mean if you want to work harder or do more because you PERSONALLY feel lame ... fine. But if you want to work harder because the gunners get to you, or you want to go out and do more stuff because you see other people doing it ... ehh, I say don't. That could just be me though.

Find yourself a girlfriend :thumbup: