TexasBlaze

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
Who has yet to recieve their pcat scores for the Jan07 pcat?

I havent yet, and I am getting annoyed

Trackster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I haven't received mine either but in my own case, my school has received it and I know my scores already. So at this point, I don't really care if they mail it or not.

Can you imagine I live in Texas and the test is scored in San Antonio and I haven't received it yet?

bamboo511

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
I haven't received mine either but in my own case, my school has received it and I know my scores already. So at this point, I don't really care if they mail it or not.

Can you imagine I live in Texas and the test is scored in San Antonio and I haven't received it yet?

How did u know your scores?

About the Ads

eelo

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Have all of you checked with the schools you've applied to? Maybe they've received the scores already and there's just a problem with your address.

soyroger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I haven't received mine either (in S. Philly). Temple (about 4 miles to the north) received them however long ago with enough time to consider my app. complete and then mail me and interview invite (delivered last Sat.). Don't understand how there's such a difference in the mail system within a 4 mile distance. So I called Harcourt and confirmed my address was correct and tried to see if they could confirm when it was mailed. The lady told me there were 3 mailing dates (March 23, 26, and 27) and that if I haven't received it by the 12th I can request another copy to be mailed out. Last Sat. was 6 weeks since Jan 20th. What's the problem?

TexasBlaze

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!

Verbal.....43
Biology....93
Reading...62
Math.......96
Chemistry.93

Composite...89

Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive...

eightball

allergic to benadryl
10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!

Verbal.....43
Biology....93
Reading...62
Math.......96
Chemistry.93

Composite...89

Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive...

no worries pal..I got almost similar scores in ALL subsections..just got in U buffalo..excellent! Is english your first language?

eelo

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
sadly it is. However I am not white, And I never liked english. I never tried or read books etc...

I don't understand the significance here~~~???? I didn't think there was a question on the PCAT (or any graduate entrance test) that asked for racial or ethnic background as a determinant of test score?

Futurejayhawk

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I don't understand the significance here~~~???? I didn't think there was a question on the PCAT (or any graduate entrance test) that asked for racial or ethnic background as a determinant of test score?

Well standardized tests tend to be biased.

But that comment wasn't entirely necessary. The real reason for that score would have been that TexasBlaze never like reading books.

soyroger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Well standardized tests tend to be biased.

I don't understand how they are biased. The word "standardized" indicates that all are tested at the same level; they serve as equalizers for all to be evaluated on the same level.

Unless there is evidence of a correlation between sex, race, ethnicity, etc and knowledge of a specific subject then how can there be any bias in the test. To do well you have to know your stuff and that's it. Your test score isn't affected by anything else, whether you're male or female, black or white, tall or short, old or young, etc and that's it. Sure, for those who speak English as a second language there is a language barrier, but that's circumstantial and not to be considered as a bias built into the test.

Explain why you think standardized tests are bias.

pharmdiva

Accepted pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
sadly it is. However I am not white, And I never liked english. I never tried or read books etc...

I really, really didn't want to respond to this comment. But I just could not resist. I'm not going to jump on your case, but what I will say is - I certainly hope that you never, ever answer a question in regards to your mental or physical ability with an answer that begins with "I'm not white so,...". As an African American female, I must say I cringed when I read this reply. I don't know what ethnic group you belong to, nor do I care to know. I just want you to realize that it diminishes your entire ethnic group when you make comments such as this one. Being white or not being white has absolutely no bearing on your performance on the PCAT or any other test for that matter. And it certainly has no bearing on your ability to read and comprehend English if it is indeed your first language. Increasing your score has to begin with taking responsibilty for your performance or lack thereof. BTW I made an 89 on the verbal section of the Oct PCAT and a 90 on the Jan PCAT. I wish you the best of luck in your career goals!:) Just know that barriers are often rooted in our own feelings of inadequacy.

Be blessed

Falokis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Auburn, AL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I would have gotten 99%'s in Math and Chemistry but, I'm not asian. :mad: Just kidding. I'm pretty wow'ed by that statement too. My first thought when I screw up on math and chemistry was 'why didn't I study more for those sections?'

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
this thread has gotten considerably off topic.

Agreed! TexasBlaze finally got his/her scores... what about the rest of you that were waiting? Pojorific? It does seem odd that there is such a big gap in the time frame this year (everyone I knew who took it last year got results within a day or two of one another). Did ya'll take the newly formatted test or was is the "old" version? That's the only thing I can think of that might be different b/n last year and now...

janjanbureh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi guys, this is crazy i still did not receive my pcat score yet. I called harcort and they said i can wait till March 12th...if i did not see my score on that date then i can call and request for an expediated score. This is unbelievable, how in the world i still dont recive my score. Harcort Assestment Institution has a very bad reputation of antagonising test takers. But is all good guys..i know i will eventually get it.
PEACE.

Trackster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Like i said some days back in my previous post,i still haven't received mine up till today.

That does not speak well of Harcort assessment at all.

jrx

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
so generally how long would it take to receive pcat score?two months..if the score is late than would pharmacy school consider it?

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Omaha, NE via Lincoln, NE - Home of college footba
unl.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
so generally how long would it take to receive pcat score?two months..if the score is late than would pharmacy school consider it?

Harcourt says that it takes six weeks for you to get your scores, but pharmacy schools get your scores a few days earlier.

If the score is late and you don't have another PCAT score, then one would be screwed.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.