No Pcat Scores Yet

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by TexasBlaze, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TexasBlaze

2+ Year Member

Who has yet to recieve their pcat scores for the Jan07 pcat?

I havent yet, and I am getting annoyed

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trackster

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I haven't received mine either but in my own case, my school has received it and I know my scores already. So at this point, I don't really care if they mail it or not.

Can you imagine I live in Texas and the test is scored in San Antonio and I haven't received it yet?

4. bamboo511

7+ Year Member

How did u know your scores?

5. nahmytbf

nahmytbf New Member
    2+ Year Member

Yup still no scores here (NC).

6. Pojorific

Pharmacy Student
    I'm still waiting for my scores in FL.

7. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Have all of you checked with the schools you've applied to? Maybe they've received the scores already and there's just a problem with your address.

8. soyroger

soyroger New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I haven't received mine either (in S. Philly). Temple (about 4 miles to the north) received them however long ago with enough time to consider my app. complete and then mail me and interview invite (delivered last Sat.). Don't understand how there's such a difference in the mail system within a 4 mile distance. So I called Harcourt and confirmed my address was correct and tried to see if they could confirm when it was mailed. The lady told me there were 3 mailing dates (March 23, 26, and 27) and that if I haven't received it by the 12th I can request another copy to be mailed out. Last Sat. was 6 weeks since Jan 20th. What's the problem?

9. TexasBlaze

2+ Year Member

Hey Guys Got my SCORES TODAY!!!!!

Verbal.....43
    Biology....93
    Reading...62
    Math.......96
    Chemistry.93

Composite...89

Do you think this is good? I got really bad in verbal and reading, I am not too happy with that. But overall I think 89 is competitive...

10. eightball

eightball allergic to benadryl
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    no worries pal..I got almost similar scores in ALL subsections..just got in U buffalo..excellent! Is english your first language?

11. TexasBlaze

2+ Year Member

sadly it is. However I am not white, And I never liked english. I never tried or read books etc...

12. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I don't understand the significance here~~~???? I didn't think there was a question on the PCAT (or any graduate entrance test) that asked for racial or ethnic background as a determinant of test score?

13. Futurejayhawk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well standardized tests tend to be biased.

But that comment wasn't entirely necessary. The real reason for that score would have been that TexasBlaze never like reading books.

14. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Biased? At the graduate level? Bull.

15. soyroger

soyroger New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I don't understand how they are biased. The word "standardized" indicates that all are tested at the same level; they serve as equalizers for all to be evaluated on the same level.

Unless there is evidence of a correlation between sex, race, ethnicity, etc and knowledge of a specific subject then how can there be any bias in the test. To do well you have to know your stuff and that's it. Your test score isn't affected by anything else, whether you're male or female, black or white, tall or short, old or young, etc and that's it. Sure, for those who speak English as a second language there is a language barrier, but that's circumstantial and not to be considered as a bias built into the test.

Explain why you think standardized tests are bias.

16. pharmdiva

pharmdiva Accepted pharmacy student
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I really, really didn't want to respond to this comment. But I just could not resist. I'm not going to jump on your case, but what I will say is - I certainly hope that you never, ever answer a question in regards to your mental or physical ability with an answer that begins with "I'm not white so,...". As an African American female, I must say I cringed when I read this reply. I don't know what ethnic group you belong to, nor do I care to know. I just want you to realize that it diminishes your entire ethnic group when you make comments such as this one. Being white or not being white has absolutely no bearing on your performance on the PCAT or any other test for that matter. And it certainly has no bearing on your ability to read and comprehend English if it is indeed your first language. Increasing your score has to begin with taking responsibilty for your performance or lack thereof. BTW I made an 89 on the verbal section of the Oct PCAT and a 90 on the Jan PCAT. I wish you the best of luck in your career goals!:) Just know that barriers are often rooted in our own feelings of inadequacy.

Be blessed

17. Pojorific

Pharmacy Student
    this thread has gotten considerably off topic.

18. Falokis

Falokis Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would have gotten 99%'s in Math and Chemistry but, I'm not asian. :mad: Just kidding. I'm pretty wow'ed by that statement too. My first thought when I screw up on math and chemistry was 'why didn't I study more for those sections?'

19. gators14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i am asian and i didn't get a 99 on math and chemistry...what does that tell you?:D

20. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Agreed! TexasBlaze finally got his/her scores... what about the rest of you that were waiting? Pojorific? It does seem odd that there is such a big gap in the time frame this year (everyone I knew who took it last year got results within a day or two of one another). Did ya'll take the newly formatted test or was is the "old" version? That's the only thing I can think of that might be different b/n last year and now...

21. janjanbureh

7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi guys, this is crazy i still did not receive my pcat score yet. I called harcort and they said i can wait till March 12th...if i did not see my score on that date then i can call and request for an expediated score. This is unbelievable, how in the world i still dont recive my score. Harcort Assestment Institution has a very bad reputation of antagonising test takers. But is all good guys..i know i will eventually get it.
    PEACE.

22. Trackster

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Like i said some days back in my previous post,i still haven't received mine up till today.

That does not speak well of Harcort assessment at all.

23. jrx

jrx

Pre-Pharmacy
    so generally how long would it take to receive pcat score?two months..if the score is late than would pharmacy school consider it?

24. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Harcourt says that it takes six weeks for you to get your scores, but pharmacy schools get your scores a few days earlier.

If the score is late and you don't have another PCAT score, then one would be screwed.