No pharmacist needed onsite for pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlh908

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like in Indiana you no longer need a pharmacist on site to run a pharmacy! What are you prepharm students going to do when there are no jobs for you? AI and techs will own your career in 5 years or less.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like in Indiana you no longer need a pharmacist on site to run a pharmacy! What are you prepharm students going to do when there are no jobs for you? AI and techs will own your career in 5 years or less.

You newbies REALLY need to start paying attention. I am from time to time on the RPH side of the camera....my wife picks up her L-thyroxine on the customer side of the camera. These two operations are NOT the same outfit. THIS is the (at least) small wave of the future...between these two a minimum of five (5) RPH spots....Just wait until the two ends don't even have to be in the same state..or country?

Younger people are smarter than we think. They've grown up ordering and doing everything on their phone and can see how old fashioned and inefficient most of the pharmacy world is. I had one prepharm student stop pursuing pharmacy after they heard amazon was entering the field. It doesn't take much sense to realize that spending $200,000 and 4 years on a PharmD is a horrible idea these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Younger people are smarter than we think. They've grown up ordering and doing everything on their phone and can see how old fashioned and inefficient most of the pharmacy world is. I had one prepharm student stop pursuing pharmacy after they heard amazon was entering the field. It doesn't take much sense to realize that spending $200,000 and 4 years on a PharmD is a horrible idea these days.

This is true. There are smart students who see the writing on the wall for pharmacy and pursue other fields. Pharmacy student loans are like the mortgage crisis. Back then you took a cheap 20k house and put some paint on it. Then you had some naive person sign the mortgage to the tune of $200k. The seller pocketed the money and never cared the buyer couldn't make payments.

This is similar with newer pharmacy schools, the schools could care less if you pay back the loans. They just need someone to sign for the student loan so they get their money from the government. They laugh all the way to the bank and could care less what happens to the students. The students will always owe the 200k, it can not be discharged.

Reactions: 1 user
lol, there is a video on youtube of this girl talking about how all she needs is faith in god and passion to get a job. And in the comments section, most of the comments are about how true this statement. You are giving younger people a bit too much respect