No Prelim interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VersedSTAT

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
11 Anesthesiology interviews
0 TY
0 Prelim Medicine 🙁

Applied to 8 TY and 12 Prelim med mostly in CA and TX and still no love. I'm getting worried b/c its almost december. I heard most prelim and TY programs have sent out all their interview invites already. Is it too late to apply to more programs?
 
11 Anesthesiology interviews
0 TY
0 Prelim Medicine 🙁

Applied to 8 TY and 12 Prelim med mostly in CA and TX and still no love. I'm getting worried b/c its almost december. I heard most prelim and TY programs have sent out all their interview invites already. Is it too late to apply to more programs?
. No but a lot of places had a November deadline, so maybe you should hurry up and apply to more places in less desirable location than Cali.
 
I feel like prelim/TY in cali is very tough. Out of like 12 cali TY/prelim I applied to, I've only heard back from 2. When I interviewed there, I was the only anesthesiology applicant there. Most of them are rads/optho/derm people. I heard for the cali TYs, the average step 1 can be in the 260s
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One medicine PD told me that he tends not to interview anesthesia prelims as it is a waste of his time because most applicants prefer to go to categorical programs