No reply yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Handsome88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Irish schools. And to this day I did not get any reply. I got an email saying that they received my application but since then nothing!!!

I applied through the atlantic bridge program. I feel like I've been scammed. What happened to my application?!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Irish schools. And to this day I did not get any reply. I got an email saying that they received my application but since then nothing!!!

I applied through the atlantic bridge program. I feel like I've been scammed. What happened to my application?!

This is pretty standard with the Irish programs. I too thought I had been scammed. If you search SDN, you will find many similar comments on this subject on here. They are extremely slow getting their acceptances out, and they don't give you any feedback in between getting the application and sending out the letters.
Bottom line - Atlantic Bridge is not a scam and you just have to be patient. It may be April or May before you hear from them. Cheers,
Margaret

Hey man,
I recieved an interview invite by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland about a week ago for an admittance into the GEP MD degree. It is taking place in Toronto on March 1st. So, I know it is tough and very nerve racking to continue to wait but as the above poster said, you have to wait...trust me I hate playing the waiting game as well lol. (and don't worry you were not scammed, ABP is a respectable, trustworthy company and you will most definetly hear back).
Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man,
I recieved an interview invite by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland about a week ago for an admittance into the GEP MD degree. It is taking place in Toronto on March 1st. So, I know it is tough and very nerve racking to continue to wait but as the above poster said, you have to wait...trust me I hate playing the waiting game as well lol. (and don't worry you were not scammed, ABP is a respectable, trustworthy company and you will most definetly hear back).
Cheers

I did not apply to that school (for financial reasons). What about other schools, do they hold interviews in Toronto? Also, what is the ranking of Irish schools?

Where can I find stats about these schools (like match lists and such)?

Sorry I'm still new to this Irish area lol.

Thanks!

I did not apply to that school (for financial reasons). What about other schools, do they hold interviews in Toronto? Also, what is the ranking of Irish schools?

Where can I find stats about these schools (like match lists and such)?

Sorry I'm still new to this Irish area lol.

Thanks!

1) The other schools don't interview, they go entirely by your paper application.
2) There is no formal ranking of the Irish schools. They are all about the same, much like Canadian schools.
3) No one publishes match lists for the Irish schools. Atlantic Bridge sends out a list of people who have matched over the years but it does not include everyone who went to Ireland. Look at the sticky "where are we now" for recent information on regular posters to SDN.
The Irish schools themselves don't keep such statistics as they are not essential to their continued existence. These are schools geared to producing doctors for their own national system, not degree mills for North Americans.
Cheers,
M

1) The other schools don't interview, they go entirely by your paper application.
2) There is no formal ranking of the Irish schools. They are all about the same, much like Canadian schools.
3) No one publishes match lists for the Irish schools. Atlantic Bridge sends out a list of people who have matched over the years but it does not include everyone who went to Ireland. Look at the sticky "where are we now" for recent information on regular posters to SDN.
The Irish schools themselves don't keep such statistics as they are not essential to their continued existence. These are schools geared to producing doctors for their own national system, not degree mills for North Americans.
Cheers,
M

Thanks a lot, you seem knowledgeable about the subject so I might contact u in the future for more questions, if I get accepted!
Thanks again for your help. :)

Hey man,
Cheers

Hi Doc,

Do you mind sharing your stats? I have no idea where i stand and am really hopeful for an interview :)