No response from Optometry schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UncertainOpto

Reaction score
I applied to optometry schools like OSU and UH in late November and have not heard anything since. Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s making me feel like I applied too late.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats? (GPA/OAT score)
I have a 3.7 gpa (with departmental honors), 3 years research experience, optometry tech experience, and was involved in multiple clubs.
I did not take the OAT. The admissions staff previously told me it was acceptable to submit other tests instead (GRE, PCAT, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to optometry schools like OSU and UH in late November and have not heard anything since. Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s making me feel like I applied too late.
Did u eventually hear anything back?

I too am waitlisted at OSU. Would you go if they offer you a seat?
I probably would tbh depending on how much more the cost is. I think the programs are very similar but I just prefer the atmosphere of Columbus to Houston. Did you get in anywhere else?

I probably would tbh depending on how much more the cost is. I think the programs are very similar but I just prefer the atmosphere of Columbus to Houston. Did you get in anywhere else?
PUCO and AZCOPT. accepted pacific!

I too haven’t heard back. It’s frustrating to see everyone else hearing back

I have a 3.7 gpa (with departmental honors), 3 years research experience, optometry tech experience, and was involved in multiple clubs.
I did not take the OAT. The admissions staff previously told me it was acceptable to submit other tests instead (GRE, PCAT, etc.)
Just curious, what test did you end up submitting?