Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

no response from Temple

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by ilikepod, Dec 15, 2005.

1. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    How long does it usually take for Temple to call you to say your accepted after an interview? I was told 1 week, but it's been nearly 2.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gsrimport

gsrimport Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Have you tried calling them?

4. gobeavers

gobeavers Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Have you heard anything back yet?? This is mike, I havent heard anythign either, so maybe they are mailing out acceptances. ;)

5. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

sup mike, ... i emailed them.... i got accepted with a scholarship.... they said they mailed out acceptances on the 13th.... you'll probably get it soon.

6. shawmahmed

shawmahmed shawmahmed
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

hi guys, when did you guys do these interviews, how long after you submitted the aacpmas and the aacpmas fee did you recieve interview invites, do the recommendation letters need to be in before the interview or can they be given at or after the interview. i also applied to temple thanx.

7. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

well i got an interview about 6 hours after i submitted the application (same day) which was about a month and a half ago... i scheduled my interview a month later because it didn't fit in my schedule... as for the interview, you don't need to have all of your letters there, but it's good to at least have one.....

8. shawmahmed

shawmahmed shawmahmed
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    so its ok to give lor's after the interview (say 2 or 3 weeks or a month) right.
    what are my chances of getting accepted there with a 3.5 overall g.p.a 3.52 science g.p.a and a 23 mcat, one more thing how were you invited for an interview email? phone call?

9. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

i was invited by a phone call from the admissions director, really nice guy.... with your academic credentials you chances look good, but I've noticed that you have showed some interest in the DO/MD programs, which is fine, but don't treat podiatry as a backup, because your chances will be slim then... remember, they do reject about a third of the people they interview

and yes it's fine to give some of the lor's weeks later.... when they interview you though, they want something to refer to other than your essay, at least that's what my interviewer pointed out

10. shawmahmed

shawmahmed shawmahmed
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

how much scholarship you get and how do my stats compare to yours?

11. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

stats are very similar..... scholarship, won't find out until i get their letter

12. gobeavers

gobeavers Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just wanted to let you know that I recieved a scholarship at TUSPM for 12,000. Then if in the top 10 percent of the class for the remaining years, 6,000. So they give fairly generous scholarships at TUSPM. Furthermore, my stats are similar to yours, I also had alot of volunteer experience abroad, I wish you good luck in your applications!

13. ilikepod

ilikepod Member
    5+ Year Member

this is for gobeavers, have you decided for sure that you are coming next year?...it'd be great if you did..... btw, chris is in too, same scholarship as yours...

14. gobeavers

gobeavers Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey buddy,
    So we all got that same scholarship?
    I dont know if I am going to attend, we will see what happens, I have a few interviews comming up and will see what happens with those, geographically, it might be difficult to get up to Philly, even though, for everybody viewing and thinking about TUSPM, it is a great school in an AWSOME city, one of the better cities I have ever been to.

15. poormansDO

poormansDO *** member
    5+ Year Member

i just got an interview invite to tuspm today can somebody describe what the day is going to be like, and what kind of questions they ask? and how long the interview(s) is(are)?

16. scpod

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not so sure that I would call that "generous". So, what you are saying is you get a scholarship the first year, but you have to be in the top 10% to get a much smaller one the second year. If there are 100 students and you are eleventh in the class, then you don't get it?

I'd have to say that there are a lot of things I have heard that I like about TUSPM, but that is not one of them.