No Responses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arkhag

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: Hello All, I am new to this website! I submitted my application on september 5th to ADEA, it was mailed to school on october 21st.... I got a few rejections but I have not heard from BU, NYU, USC, buffalo, UCSF, UCLA, Columbia, and Howard! Is anyone in the same boat as I? Any ideas why???? All the schools tell me is that my app is complete and they'll contact me when the status changes! This is very frustrating.... My science GPA is 3.2 and Overall is 3.0. DAT schoors are PAT/19, Science/19, AA/18.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea how late all those schools plan on holding interviews, but your stats seem pretty good, which makes it seem like you got the shaft and fell in the cracks. HOPEFULLY they will pull you out soon and everything will change for you. I know there were a ton of applicants this year, and that some of the schools were a little "overwhelmed" per say, but still, at least keep your hopes up.

Some things to consider: is your personal statements unique and does it make you stand out from 3,000+ other qualified applicants. Consider taking the DAT again (even though you have good scores). I had an 18AA, 19TS and re-took the DAT in Jan b/c I knew I could do better and that this year was very competitive. I guess I am just trying to name some things to help make you stand out.

Just try and stay positive and I will send some luck your way :luck:

arkhag said:
:mad: Hello All, I am new to this website! I submitted my application on september 5th to ADEA, it was mailed to school on october 21st.... I got a few rejections but I have not heard from BU, NYU, USC, buffalo, UCSF, UCLA, Columbia, and Howard! Is anyone in the same boat as I? Any ideas why???? All the schools tell me is that my app is complete and they'll contact me when the status changes! This is very frustrating.... My science GPA is 3.2 and Overall is 3.0. DAT schoors are PAT/19, Science/19, AA/18.

I'm sorry to tell you this but your stats is low and this year is competitive. Don't be discouraged because you might hear from some of the schools such as NYU and Howard. Prepare to fill out the new application in June and consider retaking DAT as a safe approach.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply as early as possible this summer and I'm sure you will hear from a few schools. Good luck!

arkhag said:

Have you interviewed???

HD

Hey Hockeydentist

No, I have not interviewed anywhere. My friend with similar stats as I applied to BU like a week late than I. He already got interviewed a month ago. I have talked to a few people regards to BU, from what I understand, they have the shortest response time when they get your application.

arkhag said:
Hey Hockeydentist

No, I have not interviewed anywhere. My friend with similar stats as I applied to BU like a week late than I. He already got interviewed a month ago. I have talked to a few people regards to BU, from what I understand, they have the shortest response time when they get your application.

Man! sorry to hear that you have not interviewed. To make things worse your friend with the similar stats interviewed before you and he sent his applications in later, that sucks. I know bu is interviewing well into april and possibly into early may if that helps yah.

HD

make sure aadsas didnt screw up your application... one of my LOR (science) wasnt sent out... so many schools put my application as "under review" but it was actually incomplete.

I found out aadsas screwed up when i went to my maryland interview... and quickly called up aadsas, found out they lost my LOR, and they mailed out to schools, AND then i started hearing from columbia, nyu and usc...

also my application was submitted late oct... didnt get to schools till dec. I found out late jan what had happened. So my application wasnt complete until early feb. thats when a lot of schools started responding

good luck :luck:
call up every school and find out if everything is there