prominence

15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
For those psychiatrists working in the outpatient setting, after how long a period do you wait for your patient to show to their appointment (med check or new evaluation) before marking them as a no-show?

Also, will you see them later that day after they missed their appointment and present grossly late (i.e. 2 hours late), provided that you have some time in your schedule?

Last edited:

Regnvejr

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cadre is toast.
Status
Attending Physician
For those psychiatrists working in the outpatient setting, after how long a period do you wait for your patient to show to their appointment (med check or new evaluation) before marking them as a no-show?
15 min late, and I reschedule. IF two no-shows, they get a letter. After 3rd no-show (or 4 out of 6), they get on same-day-only (they call in that day to see if I have a cancellation)
Also, will you see them later that day after they missed their appointment and present grossly late (i.e. 2 hours late), provided that you have some time in your schedule?
I don't generally have room. Cancellations the day before get covered by the standby list or the call-in. If they show up later, they go to next opening, about a month out. I have a few, though, where their head injuries etc. gives them so poor a memory that they get call the night before, the morning off, and two hours before the appointment.