No spending money???

Started by Bbleaks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bbleaks

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school allows a certain amount of money for loans and if you need any more than that you have to appeal. I qualified for a private loan to be granted additional money just to be told by the financial advisor that even with a private loan, I would have to appeal to be granted this extra money. The ways to appeal are that I can live alone, have medical bills, need car maintenance, etc, but what if I need more money each month just as personal spending money??? After I pay my bills each month I will only have $100 a month as spending money. Are there any ways I can get around having to appeal in order to get more money granted?
 
Why don't you get a cheaper apartment or get a roommate?
Or just try to live on the $100/month. Is that after food, etc. is budgeted for? You really shouldn't be blowing more than $100/month on going out, restaurants, new clothes, etc. anyway or you will regret it later.
Every $ you borrow ends up being about $3 or so that you pay back later.