No word yet..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakuza

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, if we aren't invited for interviews by the end of Jan is it pretty much game over?

Members don't see this ad.

Not at all just expect not to have much time to plan things out when you do get your interview. Also make sure everything is updated with AADSAS and I would suggest a letter to each school telling them everything you have done since your AADSAS was submitted eons ago.

It's not over until they officially reject you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
it is not late, at least till end of Feb!
IMO, you will hear from Houston soon.

So, if we aren't invited for interviews by the end of Jan is it pretty much game over?

I don't understand how you haven't been invited to more interviews. You're stats are pretty good. How were your EC's? Also, was your RC score low? I know at all of the TX interviews they mentioned how important the RC and Bio scores were. Just a thought.

I don't think that it's too late at all. Keep your head up and maybe try contacting the TX schools to see what the status of your application is. If you've already interviewed at SA then I would also suggest keeping in contact with your interviewer, as well as Dr. C. Remember, in dental school admissions, as in life, connections are everything so use the ones you've made. Good luck to you man.

I don't understand how you haven't been invited to more interviews. You're stats are pretty good. How were your EC's? Also, was your RC score low? I know at all of the TX interviews they mentioned how important the RC and Bio scores were. Just a thought.

I don't think that it's too late at all. Keep your head up and maybe try contacting the TX schools to see what the status of your application is. If you've already interviewed at SA then I would also suggest keeping in contact with your interviewer, as well as Dr. C. Remember, in dental school admissions, as in life, connections are everything so use the ones you've made. Good luck to you man.

I think my RC might of cost me..I made a 17 on it but my EC's are fine.

I was thinking about keeping in touch with my prof interviewer and Dr. Cap but my thoughts were 'they probably turn in the interviewee rubric paper by the end of the day or week', so by the time I get in touch with them it will already end up in admissions.

I'm just hoping nothing is wrong with my app and that SA isn't my only interview

I think my RC might of cost me..I made a 17 on it but my EC's are fine.

I was thinking about keeping in touch with my prof interviewer and Dr. Cap but my thoughts were 'they probably turn in the interviewee rubric paper by the end of the day or week', so by the time I get in touch with them it will already end up in admissions.

I'm just hoping nothing is wrong with my app and that SA isn't my only interview

Yeah I would think that the RC score is on the low side, but I can't see it being the reason for you only getting one interview so far.

As for SA though, I would definitely suggest emailing or calling your prof and Dr. C. again. You could also try emailing the student affairs office and arranging a visit of the campus or to sit in on classes with the D students once school starts again. If you do so then you would get to see everyone face-to-face again and keep that connection there.

A friend of mine who was accepted last year advised me to keep in touch with everyone at SA if I really wanted to go there. Think of it this way, if you had in your possession something very valuable that you knew would help anyone that you would give it to, would you be inclined to give it to a complete stranger or to someone who you knew personally? Of course, you would give it to one of your friends/family members. It's only human nature and you should remember that adcom members are humans, too.