Non-ACGME mohs fellowship credentialing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketoconazole123

Reaction score
Hello all,
Unfortunately, I did not match into an ACGME approved mohs fellowhsip but a non-ACGME program has accepted me as their new fellow. They have an awesome curriculum and I know I will come out as a great mohs surgeon. My only concern is that I would like to open a general dermatology clinic and treat my own mohs cases. Has anyone heard of issues getting credentialed/reimbursed by insurances that won't accept me as a non-ACGME fellow?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of issues getting credentialed/reimbursed by insurance companies. just get Mohs board-certified.

Hello all,
Unfortunately, I did not match into an ACGME approved mohs fellowhsip but a non-ACGME program has accepted me as their new fellow. They have an awesome curriculum and I know I will come out as a great mohs surgeon. My only concern is that I would like to open a general dermatology clinic and treat my own mohs cases. Has anyone heard of issues getting credentialed/reimbursed by insurances that won't accept me as a non-ACGME fellow?
Thank you!
I know a few non-ACGME Mohs surgeons who are practising Mohs and doing just fine, so I doubt insurance will ever give you an issue.

Your employer on the other hand, may give you an issue if the fellowship is non-ACGME. However, this won't be a problem for you since you are opening your own practice.