Non clinical positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interscalene

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone left the clinical side of anesthesia and done something healthcare related. Work for pharma compnany or hospital administration. How does it compare in terms of salary hours stress ?

Members don't see this ad.

I often think about my couple of friends who scored poorly on the MCAT and did that 2-year hospital MHA instead and now make >$800,000/year. I see Facebook posts like “had to work till 11PM because of hospital grand opening”...

I often think about my couple of friends who scored poorly on the MCAT and did that 2-year hospital MHA instead and now make >$800,000/year. I see Facebook posts like “had to work till 11PM because of hospital grand opening”...
This is what they told you they make? How big of a hospital? What’s their title?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

My guess is for every one of your friends there are probably 100 others who make $50k and sit in a cubicle all day and spend their time figuring out how the hospital cafeteria can save 2 cents on their powdered eggs.

Reactions: 10 users
My guess is for every one of your friends there are probably 100 others who make $50k and sit in a cubicle all day and spend their time figuring out how the hospital cafeteria can save 2 cents on their powdered eggs.

Add 25% more water, it’s “runny” eggs... still “eggs”. There. Just did your homework... Now go chill and play with your PowerPoint slides for rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 user