Non compete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBandFan86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Well that would be great if anything happens from it. Haven’t heard of any positives from the govt regarding physicians in a while

Members don't see this ad.

I have a loved one who was essentially an indentured servant because of a non-compete. If it wasn’t for an excellent contract lawyer, we would have been absolutely screwed, but it still was a significant financial and psychological hardship. Id strongly support this legislation.

I have a loved one who was essentially an indentured servant because of a non-compete. If it wasn’t for an excellent contract lawyer, we would have been absolutely screwed, but it still was a significant financial and psychological hardship. Id strongly support this legislation.

Me too. It's sad that the AMA doesn't. Non-competes sole purpose is to keep physicians in an untenable position.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Might also raise physician wages, depending on the market. If we don’t have to move 50-100 miles to change jobs then the local competition is now fair game.

“company ABC down the street is offering me 30K more per year and my patients are going to follow me.”

I’m sure there are some drawbacks, but I don’t see them as of yet. But I’m not gonna hold my breath to see if they actually take action or not.

Reactions: 1 user