Non-core pre req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nomattic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Random question: In PTCAS we were able to select which courses were used to fill our science pre-reqs, but what about the non-science (non-core) prerequisites required by some schools? Example: English Comp is required for one of my schools. I took one English Comp as a freshman and did pretty craptastic. I took an upper division English Comp class as a senior and killed it, being that I finally grew up. Is there some way to make sure they use a specific class for the other prereq GPA calculations? Seems insignificant but in my case it's the difference between a C and an A being used, which is substantial.

I think contacting the school to ask them to do this would make me sound neurotic and annoying, so instead I'm just going to let it all out here, with you guys. :D Anyone have any knowledge on the topic?

Members don't see this ad.

yep you can! At least when I applied. I wanted to use my A in health and physical development of adolescents instead of my B+ in childhood and adolescence as one of my social science preqreqs. There's a drop down menu that lets you designate whether a course is a prereq or not, and if so which one it is.