Non Degree Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LINYKid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking some classes for my post-bacc and since I am not 'officially' getting another bahcelors, masters, etc my transcripts stats non-degree. Now I am a little worried that all my classes, $$$, etc. will be in vain, my school wont change it b/c they wont let me get another bachelors and Im not enrolling in a masters program. Do you think this will pose a problem...I really hope not. I have left a few msgs's for AACOM with no answer back.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think it matters, you do have a previous bachelors degree?

n0chi said:
i dont think it matters, you do have a previous bachelors degree?
yup. bachelors in biz, and masters credits in biz. it would just really $%#@$#@ me off if the classes werent counted

Members don't see this ad :)
classes are counted, the non-degree thing is just there because as it's name indicates you are doing an post-ba and these classes are not a par of any degree (or counted toward a degree)...you are taking them just to fullfil the pre-reqs so this is a non-degree program...you still need to send in your other transcript(with everything that granted you a buisness degree so they will see that you have a BA).
just relax you are going to be fine.

LINYKid said:
So I am taking some classes for my post-bacc and since I am not 'officially' getting another bahcelors, masters, etc my transcripts stats non-degree. Now I am a little worried that all my classes, $$$, etc. will be in vain, my school wont change it b/c they wont let me get another bachelors and Im not enrolling in a masters program. Do you think this will pose a problem...I really hope not. I have left a few msgs's for AACOM with no answer back.

hey!

after my undergraduate i did a post-bacc premed program (undergraduate coursework)...it was only a certificate program. for personal reasons i completed the bare minimum for my certificate and left there. I moved back home and continued taking classes at a local university as a non-degree student. i was taking things like cell bio and biochemistry as a non degree student..it was kind of tedious because this school wanted proof that i had the necessary pre-reqs to take those courses..which of course i did. taking courses as a non-degree student is definitely not a problem. If they are undergraduate level courses you can list them as undergraduate and then later u list them as post-baccalaureate classes. basically any course u take after aquiring your degree is considered post-bacc. those courses will not be in vain so don't worry! :) i still got into tucom :)

cbenedic said:
hey!

after my undergraduate i did a post-bacc premed program (undergraduate coursework)...it was only a certificate program. for personal reasons i completed the bare minimum for my certificate and left there. I moved back home and continued taking classes at a local university as a non-degree student. i was taking things like cell bio and biochemistry as a non degree student..it was kind of tedious because this school wanted proof that i had the necessary pre-reqs to take those courses..which of course i did. taking courses as a non-degree student is definitely not a problem. If they are undergraduate level courses you can list them as undergraduate and then later u list them as post-baccalaureate classes. basically any course u take after aquiring your degree is considered post-bacc. those courses will not be in vain so don't worry! :) i still got into tucom :)
H-U-G-E sigh or relief, thanks all.

LINYKid said:
H-U-G-E sigh or relief, thanks all.

don't forget, that if you need financial aid, you cannot get it unless you have declared a major.

I am doing post bac work to up my gpa and could not get financial aid without a major declared.

brookliner7 said:
don't forget, that if you need financial aid, you cannot get it unless you have declared a major.

I am doing post bac work to up my gpa and could not get financial aid without a major declared.
Im just wracking up the credit card bills instead. I think the financial aid is limited, I would love FA but other than loans there isnt much available