Non disclosure agreement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nexus73

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting asked to sign NDA before being hired at a clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Very common. Many can be negotiated down or away. How broad is it?

If this is an NDA its a non disclosure agreement not a non compete which is much less common.

I agree, non disclosure of what exactly? I wouldn’t agree to some super broad NDA that basically includes anything that goes on at the clinic. No matter what I’d run it by a healthcare lawyer as part of your contract review to make sure it’s legal and won’t land you in trouble later.

Members don't see this ad :)
"all confidential and proprietary data, materials, products, technology, business plans, marketing plans, financial information...and other information..."

in perpetuity

"all confidential and proprietary data, materials, products, technology, business plans, marketing plans, financial information...and other information..."

in perpetuity
Let me guess... it's a startup company and the founder is non-clinical/"business bro" (MBA) from an Ivy League school.

If this is an NDA its a non disclosure agreement not a non compete which is much less common.

I agree, non disclosure of what exactly? I wouldn’t agree to some super broad NDA that basically includes anything that goes on at the clinic. No matter what I’d run it by a healthcare lawyer as part of your contract review to make sure it’s legal and won’t land you in trouble later.
Opps. I misread. I talked to a mental health start up that asked for a non disclosure but this would be rare for a traditional private practice. There were other red flags for the start up that led me to pass on the opportunity

Not disclosing to a competitor a forensic practice's main referral network, profit margins, revenue streams, any clinical information / current cases they review with you to show you what niche they occupy doesn't sound like a bad thing. I would view this as essentially an honor code NDA anyway, but I would still consult with a lawyer if I had any doubts.

Reactions: 1 users