Non-medical Husband

Started by kprasad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kprasad

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have trouble getting a non-medical husband to understand the demands of your career ?
I do sometimes, maybe I'm not alone ? Any advice ?
 
Last edited:
My spouse is very supportive of me in general but has trouble realizing how taxing studying can be on time. I can see the disappointment in their face and hear it in their voice when I tell them I have study plans that night. I'm not in medical school yet so I know it's going to be even more demanding of my time and I often wonder how they will take it.

What's helped to sooth the issue thus far is making sure to give them my full attention when I do have time off and having regular date nights. I also make sure to address the issue and remind them that I'm busy because of school and not because I don't want to spend time with them.