Non-Operative Pediatric Orthopedics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Damphatik1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I recently heard about this fellowship. Has anyone heard of this specialty? Seems like it's open to primary care specialties. I'm curious to hear from anyone that might be currently practicing or in fellowship. What does the practice look like? Is there a lot of hospital-based practice? What is the lifestyle and salary like?
 
Hi,

I recently heard about this fellowship. Has anyone heard of this specialty? Seems like it's open to primary care specialties. I'm curious to hear from anyone that might be currently practicing or in fellowship. What does the practice look like? Is there a lot of hospital-based practice? What is the lifestyle and salary like?

I know absolutely nothing about the fellowship, but I did a rotation in med school with a pediatrician who did non-operative evaluations in ortho clinic. It was a lot of fractures and casting, but also things like club foot (with minor in-office procedures like tenotomy), in-toeing evaluations, etc. IIRC, she only did office work—no inpatient stuffs (since most of the inpatient stuff was operative). I have no idea if she took call, and I think she only had clinic 4 days per week.