Non-Ortho Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reapplicantblues

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was wondering how non-ortho/non-surgical letters are viewed if they're one of the 3 you use for residency applications? Currently I have 1 letter that I believe will be really good from my home program, and have an away rotation in August where I can get a 2nd. My other aways are in September and October so I don't think they'll be in time to be complete by the time ERAS rolls out. My options right now are to either quickly find and get a potentially so-so letter from another ortho our home program that I haven't worked with that much, or get a really strong letter from a family doc I've been working with a lot during medical school.

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

All your letters should be from ortho. Otherwise it raises questions why you couldn’t find three ortho attendings to write letters for you.

Anyway it shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t think September is too late to get a letter. And I’m not sure why you can’t get more than one letter each from your home program and August away rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.