Non-PTCAS options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agh2415

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sGPA will be absolutely miserable (~2.75) due to getting run over by freshman year Bio&Chem, but should be ~3.4 with grade replacement.

Are there any specific PTCAS school that are willing to calculate their own GPA or am I pretty much stuck with non-PTCAS schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I know some of them do not go by PTCAS entirely. I applied to UTC and UTHSC in Chattanooga and Memphis and both of them took the higher grade and didn't average them. However a lot of them do (I know UAB in Birmingham averages the grades). I would like check individually with the schools you are interested in and they will be able to tell you. Good luck and hope this helps.

Some schools require that you send a copy of your transcripts, so that would help. Also, some schools require you fill out a secondary application which might include a paper that lets you state prereqs you've retaken with the corresponding grades. This is all something you will need to check with the school. GPA isn't everything so don't stress too much, and if you're really worried, just focus A LOT on other aspects that will strengthen your application.