Non-rolling Notification Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Chooch

will row for toast
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread where we can post all of the dates that the non-rolling schools start sending out acceptances. I know a bunch of schools changed these dates during last year's cycle, so if they do this year we can easily update them on this list and not be left in the dark. :) I'll start...

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28
Harvard 2/28

That's the only one I remember. Cornell and UPenn are also non-rolling.

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28
Harvard 2/28
Pitt 2/15

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt's website says 3/1

An excellent thread. I tried to get something like this started earlier but it didn't work out. Are you sure about the Harvard date?

How do rejections work with these schools? Do they send them out when they send out all the acceptances too? Specifically, I'm thinking of Yale.

C.

Originally posted by Chieka
How do rejections work with these schools? Do they send them out when they send out all the acceptances too? Specifically, I'm thinking of Yale.

C.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the way it goes. I remember all of the 2002 SDNers started receiving rejections and acceptances at the same time.

Looks like those couple weeks at the end of February are gonna be interesting...:eek:

Originally posted by sunlover
Pitt's website says 3/1

hmm... i called pitt other day and they say: "middle of february".

so if we haven't heard from these schools by that time does that mean that's it? do they stop interviewing everyone before then? specifically i'm interest in pitt.

I thought Pitt said they interview in March, so if they mail out acceptances in Feb, then I have no idea what happens if you haven't heard from them by then. I think after their acceptances go out, they accept lots of people from the waitlist because not everyone goes there.

Are the schools we mentioned so far the only ones that are not rolling? Just wondering....

I know Mount Sinai doesn't send out wait lists and rejections until the end, and I think most of the ivies are non-rolling, except Hopkins and Stanford.

Anyone know Yale's and Northwestern's? Thanks!

hey sunlover - not to be an dingus or anything, but neither JHU nor Stanford is an Ivy.

Originally posted by alphabeta53
An excellent thread. I tried to get something like this started earlier but it didn't work out. Are you sure about the Harvard date?

alphabeta,

The Harvard date posted is probably the last day will could start sending out acceptances, because in their status email they said they would send out decisions during the last week of February (which is Feb. 24-28).

Which schools are nonrolling? Is there a list?

bump - any more dates?

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28
Harvard 2/28
Penn 3/?
Pitt 2/15

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28
Harvard 2/28
Penn 3/?
Pitt 2/15
Northwestern 3/21

Columbia 2/15
Duke 2/28
Harvard 2/28
Penn 3/?
Pitt 2/15
Northwestern 3/21
Yale 3/24

Originally posted by kreno
Yale 3/24

Are you serious dude? That freaking blows!! I thought it was gonna be earlier than that. Damn...