non-sci major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrenchToast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im just another sad listing on studentdoc. pretty much my stats are as follow:
cumgpa: 3.4
scigpa: 2.8
MCAT: 17
organic1: C
organic2: C
physics1: C
physics2: C
genchem1: B+
genchem2: B+
bio1: B
Bio2: B-

My goal is to get into a DO or MD school but I dont know if i should do a post bac or spend another year in undergrad/retake my premed-requirements. I'm heavily involved in medical volunteer work and extra cir. on campus. When i took my MCAT i was under an extreme amount of stress (family related issues which are now resolved). Currently I am scheduled to retake my MCATs in July. What do you guys think i should do?

Members don't see this ad.

My goal is to get into a DO or MD school but I dont know if i should do a post bac or spend another year in undergrad/retake my premed-requirements. I'm heavily involved in medical volunteer work and extra cir. on campus. When i took my MCAT i was under an extreme amount of stress (family related issues which are now resolved). Currently I am scheduled to retake my MCATs in July. What do you guys think i should do?

1. Focus on MCAT first and foremost.
2. You could do an informal post-bac to save money, just enroll in science courses at your local college. Keep in mind that DO schools do grade replacement, so if you retake orgo and physics and get a's in those, your science gpa will skyrocket for those schools...

Members don't see this ad :)

Wait, I'm confused. I thought you got a 33 on the MCAT and got accepted to UMich? :smuggrin:

Oh, and you got into UNC too? :laugh:

This thread makes me laught so much, I love it.

Troll here folks! Don't waste your time responding. Dianyla outed this person.

sorry i have not been on student doc for a about a week now. im currently using my cousins account so im hoping that will clear things up. if you guys have any advice i would appreciate it. sorry for the confusion